Demarcus Ware - DPOY

sk0aL

Reaction score
League leading 15 sacks. I think the only way he doesn't get DPOY is if we absolutely choke down the home stretch and miss the playoffs.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Mansta54

Reaction score
sk0aL;2449102 said:
League leading 15 sacks. I think the only way he doesn't get DPOY is if we absolutely choke down the home stretch and miss the playoffs.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Naw, you're not wrong. You're DEAD RIGHT!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We miss the playoffs and Ware probably won't win the DPOY.

It might just be that simple.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
187beatdown;2449188 said:
Haynesworth.

he will get serious consideration no doubt

big dog cowboy;2449195 said:

hoping for the best tho.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
He should have won it last year. Dude is an absolute freak of nature. One of the best pass rushers in the league, dominant against the run, sick in coverage, great character guy....

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
187beatdown;2449188 said:
Haynesworth.

Or Harrison.

Hell, Porter should get some votes.

Last year no defensive player really REALLY stood out, which is the only reason Bob Sanders won it IMO.

This year? Plenty of great defensive players having great seasons to choose from.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Unless the Titans tank their remaining games, Haynesworth will have the edge over Ware.

Ware and the Cowboys were expected to be as good as they are, and some would argue they're not as good as originally assumed they would be.

The Titans have exceeded expectations.

Moreover, the attention on the Cowboys has centered around the offense - the high-powered offense.

Meanwhile with the Titans, it has been their running game and defense.

Also, I think you have to consider Joey Porter, James Harrison and John Abraham along with Ware and Haynesworth. And true be told, what Porter and Abraham have done is about as impressive as Ware and Harrison, particularly since neither the Dolphins or the Falcons were considered playoff contenders.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Ware's got my vote but Haynesworth and Kris Jenkins are probably leading the masses in that regard outside of Cowboy land.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think Ware should get it but Haynesworth and Harrison will be in the running as well.

Ware should of won it last year, Sanders winning it with his stats was all just media hype.

The Panch

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2449195 said:

Jason Taylor won it two years ago on a 6-10 team.

Either way, I just dont see it. Ware is up there indvidually as arguably the best pass rusher in the league, but DPOY usually goes to someone who contributes to one of the best defenses in the league which is something we are not. Same reason I dont think Kris Jenkins will get it either.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2449425 said:
Unless the Titans tank their remaining games, Haynesworth will have the edge over Ware.

Ware and the Cowboys were expected to be as good as they are, and some would argue they're not as good as originally assumed they would be.

The Titans have exceeded expectations.

Moreover, the attention on the Cowboys has centered around the offense - the high-powered offense.

Meanwhile with the Titans, it has been their running game and defense.

Also, I think you have to consider Joey Porter, James Harrison and John Abraham along with Ware and Haynesworth. And true be told, what Porter and Abraham have done is about as impressive as Ware and Harrison, particularly since neither the Dolphins or the Falcons were considered playoff contenders.

What the players have done individually has nothing to do with what the expectations were for the teams they play for.

Abraham has ALWAYS been a good pass rusher. He's doing NOTHING more this year then he's done year in and year out. He's not all of the sudden an "MVP" just cuz his team is doing better.

Porter, is another story. Cuz last year he looked like he was on the decline, and now he's second in sacks and has a shot and getting 20. All he has to do is get 2 sacks in one game, then 1 sack in the other 4.

Harrison is a beast. He shouldn't have his play viewed as anything less then what it truly is just cuz he plays on a great team. THe dude is a f'in monster.

Ware
Harrison
Hayneworth

Those should be the top 3. Maybe Porter gets in the top 3.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Ware could have tallied 5 sacks in that game if he doesn't get hurt. I was upset when he went down. The season looked over.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
He'll win it if he gets 22+ sacks, people will recognize the numbers.

If they watch though, you'll see a hall of fame player slowly but surely developing into the real deal in front of our eyes.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Big game on a big stage goes a long long way toward this.

He, Tuck, Haynesworth, and Harrison are all contenders. The thing Ware has going against him here is that his team isn't going to win its division - being on a more dominant team often gives the player an advantage in the voting. But another game like TH's is going to make his case hard to deny.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I love Haynesworth's game and have said many times that I wish we had him, but aren't his stats not much better than Ratliff's?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2449694 said:
I love Haynesworth's game and have said many times that I wish we had him, but aren't his stats not much better than Ratliff's?

They aren't -- but being on a dominant team gets you votes.