DeMarcus Ware Spin Move

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody else noticed it, but DeMarcus Ware actually used a spin move in the game although I don't remember where it was exactly. We were lined up in the nickel and Ware had his hand on the ground, at the snap he exploded forward and spun to the inside. He got all the way around, but then lost his balance and kind of fell forward. It wasn't that effective because even though it flushed the quarterback outside, the qb had an open field of vision and completed a good pass.

I just thought I'd point this out to those wondering about his new moves, and I like seeing him trying new stuff, I just hope he can make them effective.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I saw him use spin moves a few time last year. In one game, it looked more like a twirl because he didn't spin away from the lineman, he just spun in place.

vlad

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I saw him use spin moves a few time last year. In one game, it looked more like a twirl because he didn't spin away from the lineman, he just spun in place.

i remember that move, all it had me thinking was "what the hell do our coaches do anyway?" I'm very curious to see how our run defense handles this year, remember how badly we got crushed last year? Hopefully we'll start stuffing people with Spears and Canty. We have so much talent on D, hate to see us underachieve

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
joseephuss said:

Maybe he should take up square dancing if he wants to "twirl" :laugh2:

"Spin their quarterback round and round."
"Pick him up and slam him down!"

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
nyc said:
Maybe he should take up square dancing if he wants to "twirl" :laugh2:

"Spin their quarterback round and round."
"Pick him up and slam him down!"

:laugh2:

Well, he did take karate lessons or something during the offseason. Someone needs to tell him to pick up dancing next offseason if he wants to truly master his "moves"

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
vlad said:
i remember that move, all it had me thinking was "what the hell do our coaches do anyway?" I'm very curious to see how our run defense handles this year, remember how badly we got crushed last year? Hopefully we'll start stuffing people with Spears and Canty. We have so much talent on D, hate to see us underachieve

Call me crazy but I actually think our run defense will be more of a strength than the pass defense this year. Fergie appears to be playing better this year and with Ellis at LB as opposed to DE we've got some BEEF in the front 7.

joseephuss

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
:laugh2:

Well, he did take karate lessons or something during the offseason. Someone needs to tell him to pick up dancing next offseason if he wants to truly master his "moves"

Emmitt can come in and teach him.

joseephuss

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
Call me crazy but I actually think our run defense will be more of a strength than the pass defense this year. Fergie appears to be playing better this year and with Ellis at LB as opposed to DE we've got some BEEF in the front 7.

I agree. Defending the pass against the running backs releasing from the back field is going to be tough. That is what hurt Dallas on the early drives last night. Brian Westbrook is a very good receiver out of the back field. So is Tiki Barber.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I agree. Defending the pass against the running backs releasing from the back field is going to be tough. That is what hurt Dallas on the early drives last night. Brian Westbrook is a very good receiver out of the back field. So is Tiki Barber.

This is my only problem with Ellis as a LBer. Grand Theft Auto: Exploit City

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
I don't know if anybody else noticed it, but DeMarcus Ware actually used a spin move in the game although I don't remember where it was exactly. We were lined up in the nickel and Ware had his hand on the ground, at the snap he exploded forward and spun to the inside. He got all the way around, but then lost his balance and kind of fell forward. It wasn't that effective because even though it flushed the quarterback outside, the qb had an open field of vision and completed a good pass.

I just thought I'd point this out to those wondering about his new moves, and I like seeing him trying new stuff, I just hope he can make them effective.

Problem with the spin move is that it's very hard to keep your balance and often times the pass rusher winds up falling to the ground and taking himself out of the play or even worse, gets injured. That's why a lot of coaches avoid teaching it.

YAKUZA

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Problem with the spin move is that it's very hard to keep your balance and often times the pass rusher winds up falling to the ground and taking himself out of the play or even worse, gets injured. That's why a lot of coaches avoid teaching it.

I don't think they should avoid teaching it because it's like having a switchblade knife in a gang fight. (hah gotta love violent analogies for a violent game) It's a surprise that you can throw at someone. The problem is, some idiots do not know how to handle that switchblade and get themselves in trouble. So you teach them to use it. If they can't handle it; Don't let them use it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Some things come naturally.

Some will come with lots of practice.

I'm trying to teach my son (who plays running back for his 85lb team) the spin move.

I tell him he has to keep a low center of gravity and make the spin tight so he won't lose his balance.

It's hard to do the spin move when you're speed rushing, especially if it doesn't come naturally, because you're sometimes unable to control your balance and you're basically pushing against an offensive lineman when you're doing it.

I suspect this isn't a natural move for DeMarcus Ware, but it's one he can learn with more practice.

marchetta

Reaction score
I posted that he tried it last week vs SF. He used an inside spin move, but he spun himself right into LA who was waiting for him. LA stopped him dead in his tracks. However, if the OLT didn't have LA's help, Ware may have beaten him inside.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
He seems to try it about once a game this preseason...I wonder why he doesn't do it a little more, I know he doesn't have it down yet but it seems like the practice would help. Man that Dwight Freeney can (and does!) do it every down, I sure hope Ware can figure it out.

fortdick

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
He seems to try it about once a game this preseason...I wonder why he doesn't do it a little more, I know he doesn't have it down yet but it seems like the practice would help. Man that Dwight Freeney can (and does!) do it every down, I sure hope Ware can figure it out.

Maybe like Derrick Zoolander. he can't turn left!