Dennis Franchione is an idiot

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
A good coach, but an idiot. Not going for 2 was a TERRIBLE call that ultimately lost us the game :banghead:

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
A good coach, but an idiot. Not going for 2 was a TERRIBLE call that ultimately lost us the game :banghead:
Why didn't your defense stop them? You knew they were going to run the ball every play. That's what lost you the game. You deserved to lose.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Why didn't your defense stop them? You knew they were going to run the ball every play. That's what lost you the game. You deserved to lose.

So if Ohio State sticks it to your Horns next week. You will enjoy Heavy saying that to you?

I really wish folks would take a higher road. This just invites a flame war. It really gets old. You would think grown freakin adults wouldnt have to drop down this far to get a point across.

For cryin out loud..

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallas said:
So if Ohio State sticks it to your Horns next week. You will enjoy Heavy saying that to you?

I really wish folks would take a higher road. This just invites a flame war. It really gets old. You would think grown freakin adults wouldnt have to drop down this far to get a point across.

For cryin out loud..

:hammer:

Not going for two was dumb of Franchione. I was scratching my head when that happened. I mean, at the time, the Clemson kicker had already made 5 friggin' FGs. He had to know there was a pretty good chance he'd make another one.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Dallas said:

For cryin out loud..
Yeah, I'm sure this is what you would be preaching if the sooners didn't get their arses handed to them.:rolleyes:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Ya know what pisses me off about college football? One stinking loss, just one early season stinking loss, and just like that, the Aggies now have no chance to win the BCS. They could roll over every opponent after this and if others are undefeated, then they lose out on their chance to win a national title. Anyways, college football rant off.

Yes, that was stupid of Franchione not to go for 2. Nothing sucks more than to lose the first game of a promising season, and to a bonehead call like that. :mad: I guess any small school coach looks good when they have Ladainian Tomlinson running the ball. ~~grumble, grumble~~

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
:hammer:

Not going for two was dumb of Franchione. I was scratching my head when that happened. I mean, at the time, the Clemson kicker had already made 5 friggin' FGs. He had to know there was a pretty good chance he'd make another one.

Exactly

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Tio said:
Yeah, I'm sure this is what you would be preaching if the sooners didn't get their arses handed to them.:rolleyes:

I certainly would. Im not the one to come in and crow the sooners after a win unless someone is in dumping on them. Thats just me. I might stop in and say good win for them and great game but Im not all about shooting them off. Now when we play Texas. It gets ornry. I can respond in kind during that rivalry weekend.

For the matter. I got a few nice PM from some Horn fans after yesterdays loss. Many were rubbing it in but some were nice.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dallas said:

For cryin out loud..
NOBODY on this or any other forum keeps it real more than me. My Longhorns have been OU's personal ..... for years now and I have ALWAYS admitted it. Have I ever made an excuse for a loss by the Longhorns or the Cowboys? No. I'm a football fan, I look at games objectively to the point I'm called overly pessimistic. Texas A@M lost that game because of mistakes in the first half and the fact that when it counted most they couldn't stop Clemson from running the ball when they KNEW it was coming. Plain and simple, and to blame the coach for not going for two when there 10 freakin minutes left and you supposedly have the best QB in the country that runs a 4. nothing forty or whatever is nothing but a copout. We actually had a good discussion this morning between several of the Aggie students that work for me and after several minutes of a heated debate(especially since they were all hungover) they decided the game should have never come down to that and it shouldn't have. A@M deserved to lose. I'm not trying to start any war I'm just stating a fact and I'll say the same thing about my Horns if they lay an egg next week.

btw: If heavyhitter wants to dog me about my Horns that's fine, just about every friend I have including my wife and one of my kids are Aggie fans. It's not personal with me when it comes to football anymore unless I'm watching one of my sons play. Who on this forum has given more props to Adrian Peterson then me? Damn, Dallas, I'm not sure where you're coming from with this reply.

BTW again: Look at my sig for crying out loud. I wanted an OU guy in the first round.