Depth Chart as of T.O.

NorTex

Reaction score
Here's the 53 man roster that I have been working on. This does not include today's signing. Looks like there are going to be some tough cuts, if we are going to add 6 or 7 rookies.

Dallas Cowboys 2006 Roster

OFFENSE – 25 Players

LWR Terrell Owens - Terrance Copper
LT Flozell Adams - Torrin Tucker
LG Larry Allen - Kyle Kosier
C Al Johnson - Andre Gurode
RG Marco Rivera - Stephen Peterman
RT Jason Fabini - Rob Pettiti - Marc Colombo
TE Jason Wittien - Ryan Hannam - Brett Pierce
RWR Terry Glenn - Patrick Crayton
QB Drew Bledsoe - Tony Romo - Drew Henson
FB Lousaka Polite
RB Julius Jones - Marion Barber - Tyson Thompson

DEFENSE - 25 Players

RE Greg Ellis - Chris Canty
NT Jason Ferguson - Thomas Johnson
LE Marcus Spears - Jeremiah Ratliff - Kenyon Coleman
SLB Al Singleton - Kevin Burnett
MLB Bradie James - Scott Shanle
JLB Akin Ayodele - Ryan Fowler
WLB DeMarcus Ware - Eric Ogbogu - Kalen Thornton
LCB Terence Newman - Aaron Glenn
RCB Anthony Henry - Jacques Reeves - Nathan Jones
FS Keith Davis - Willie Pile
SS Roy Williams - Justin Beriault

Special Teams - 3 Players
P Matt McBriar
K Shaun Suisham
LS L.P. Ladouceur

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
'bout time we start cutting players that can make other teams rosters. Wasn't like this before Parcells. Heck our starters couldn't even stay on other team's rosters.

Ogbogu and Coleman see yah!!

tm1119

Reaction score

^^
A good set of LB's

^^
a horrible set of FS's

i still cant see why everybody wants to go LB in round 1 that might not start, and have a worse rookie FS and Keith Davis competing for a starting spot.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tm1119 said:
i still cant see why everybody wants to go LB in round 1 that might not start, and have a worse rookie FS and Keith Davis competing for a starting spot.
I think in the long run it's a better decision to have a 1st round LB than a 1st round FS. FS in round one is usually a stretch. Personally, I'd rather have Davis starting at FS right now than Al/Burnett at LOLB. Burnett won't be ready for week one and Al is still a giant question mark. As the saying goes, it's better to go with the devil you know...

tm1119

Reaction score
theogt said:
I think in the long run it's a better decision to have a 1st round LB than a 1st round FS. FS in round one is usually a stretch. Personally, I'd rather have Davis starting at FS right now than Al/Burnett at LOLB. Burnett won't be ready for week one and Al is still a giant question mark. As the saying goes, it's better to go with the devil you know...

you would really want Keith Davis starting and not al singelton? it doesnt seem even close to me. cause its not gonna matter how good our LB's are when they are constantly turning around and watching Roy and Keith Davis trying to run down opposing WR's from behind. they are both horrible in coverage, its ok to have 1 of them starting but its not a good thing when 2 safties who cant cover are starting.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tm1119 said:
you would really want Keith Davis starting and not al singelton? it doesnt seem even close to me. cause its not gonna matter how good our LB's are when they are constantly turning around and watching Roy and Keith Davis trying to run down opposing WR's from behind. they are both horrible in coverage, its ok to have 1 of them starting but its not a good thing when 2 safties who cant cover are starting.
I'll state it this way. I think LOLB is a bigger need at the moment. If Al can come into camp full force then I would reconsider. The problem is we won't know if he can until after the draft. In all likelihood we'll trade down anyway.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
tm1119 said:

^^
A good set of LB's

^^
a horrible set of FS's

Al Singleton just isn't a very good OLB in a 3-4. No impact whatsoever. Bill said he want catalytic players on defense... Al is the opposite of that.

The OLB position makes a huge impact in the 3-4 defense... the biggest impact of all positions on defense. FS can be plugged in and if he's average or better, the defense can still be very good. Average OLB's cause the 3-4 to be hamstrung and severely limits what the defense can do.

We need an impact OLB to go opposite Ware... and Al Singleton ain't it. Number 18 will be an OLB, imo... probably Wimbley, Lawson or Carpenter.

Look out if that happens.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Al Singleton just isn't a very good OLB in a 3-4. No impact whatsoever. Bill said he want catalytic players on defense... Al is the opposite of that.

The OLB position makes a huge impact in the 3-4 defense... the biggest impact of all positions on defense. FS can be plugged in and if he's average or better, the defense can still be very good. Average OLB's cause the 3-4 to be hamstrung and severely limits what the defense can do.

We need an impact OLB to go opposite Ware... and Al Singleton ain't it. Number 18 will be an OLB, imo... probably Wimbley, Lawson or Carpenter.

Part of the consideration as to which position to take in round 1 should be what may be available in round 2. This draft is heavy on LBs suited for the 3-4 right? If there aren't many ball hawking FS available then we should take one in round 1 (provided it's not a reach). So different mocks have us taking Ko Simpson or Lawson/Carpenter. I guess my question is what kind of players at each position may fit our needs at our "need spots" later in the draft?

For example, if the draft is also light on OT, and we want to address that, then what's deeper? I say a T like McNeil or Justice if available in round 1, then we could take Manning from ACU or Kai Parham, etc. later. Hell I saw a mock that had Lawson at 12, then one that had him going to us in the 2nd!! Dream scenario I know...

50cent

Reaction score
tm1119 said:

^^
A good set of LB's

^^
a horrible set of FS's

Because BP hates to draft FS early. Its not a priority on his list. He tried to make Woody Dantzler our FS. That should show everyone that FS aren't that important to him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:

Other than the fact that our run defense took a dramatic turn for the worse when he went out I would agree with you.

Singleton is not AllPro but he is a respectable starter in the NFL.