Derrick Johnson wins Bronko Nagurski Trophy

Reaction score
Full Article
University of Texas senior LB Derrick Johnson (Waco, Texas/Waco HS) was named winner of the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which is awarded annually to the best defensive player in college football, at a gala awards banquet at the Westin Hotel in Charlotte, N.C., Monday evening. The Football Writers Association of America and the Charlotte Touchdown Club present the trophy.

"This is something that I'll remember for the rest of my life," Johnson said. "Being named the defensive player of the year is a dream come true. It was one of the goals I set for myself from my first day on campus and it's taken a lot of work to get here. It feels good to know that all of the work paid off."
johnson_nagurski_400_32.jpg

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Good for him.

He's a great player and deserves it.

I wouldn't mind it at all if he wore the star next year.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Good for him.

He's a great player and deserves it.

I wouldn't mind it at all if he wore the star next year.

Very very special player. I certainly would love him in Silver and Blue.

Kudos to you Mr. Johnson

Kangaroo

Reaction score
For all you DJ fans they interviewed him on the Radio Station the other day he is here as a finalist for the Butkus Award if I remember correctly or one of the college awards for defense.

Anyways the guy interviewing was a Cowboy fan and saying how we could use a few of them DJ was liek that we great he grew up a Cowboy Fan he love to come home.:)

Just thought you like to know