Detroit protesting Matt Millen

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
http://www.thelionsfanatics.com/insider_news_178.html

Calling for the fans to wear orange shirts.

It wasn’t that our younger Lions’ fans sat in school listening to their math teacher preach on how important math is in the real world and how it may be used in your everyday job. Most like me thought that was just a lame attempt to stop us from sleeping in class or goofing off.

And then there are those diehard Lions fans who remember the Lions of yesterday. Those were the hard hitting Lions that won four Championships back in the 50’s. That’s were the Lions started what was thought to be something great. As fast as it happened, it appears it ended in 1961 when William Clay Ford became team president that year.

But back to the issue of mathematics. Now, I am not going to sit here and act as if I am a mathematic genius, because I am not. But what I do know is simple math, so let’s get to it. What is 2+3+5+6+4 ? I know, it’s rather easy. The answer is 20. Now let’s make it a little harder with some higher numbers. What is 14+13+11+10+8? Yes, that’s not so hard either. It’s 56.

Statistically, what does this mean? It means, that in the time Matt Millen has spent wasting your hard earned dollars and countless hours of time, he has accumulated 20 wins to 56 losses to date. Now we all know how these numbers add up, but does the Ford family? Are they just not capable of adding these numbers up, or are they too shallow to care because they are still reaping reward by the fans selling out the seats every Sunday?

During the Millen era, the Lions have broke the record for losing games on the road at 24 consecutive games, they have gone thru numerous quarterbacks, 5 first round draft picks that aren’t reaching their potential, and now a third coaching change since 2001. There is much more to add to the list, but that is another day, and another time.

As fan’s we are disgusted with the losing. Gathering frustration with those who live in and out of the area, and we are tired of it. We’re tired of the product being fed to us every Sunday. We’re tired of the losing ways that Millen has brought to us and our team. This organization finished at 9-7 before the Millen era began. It’s time to take over and do what fans are supposed to do. Root for our team the way we have been, and root for what’s best for them. It’s time to push and end to the Millen era.

As a longtime standing member of www.thelionsfanatics.com, we have officially put together a peaceful protest to end the Millen era. It’s being called an “Orange-Out.” The Orange-Out is scheduled for December 18, 2005 when the Lions face the Bengals at Ford Field in the last regular season home game. We are urging any and all Lions fans to help enforce the protest. We are urging you to wear any orange shirt you may have. If you do not have one, purchase a hunting shirt at your local sporting goods store. They are relatively cheap and inexpensive. This purpose is to show William Clay Ford that we are tired of seeing Matt Millen drive our team into the ground. It will also look as though the stand are filled with Bengals’ fans.

The general population knows that the Ford family hates being humiliated, and this is one way to show that the fans are disgusted with the direction he has chosen for the Lions by keeping Millen around. There is also an “Angry Man March” protest against Matt Millen being set up by Sean Baligian of WDFN. By joining the march and wearing your orange, we as fans can come together for one day at a peaceful event and make a stand. WDFN also had a billboard contest to let one lucky fan speak his or her mind about the Lions. The winner will have their submission visible on December 18th before the game.

Take action with Sean Baligian of WDFN and/or The Lions Fanatics and take a stand for your Detroit Lions!

Again, we ask that you not only participate, but be respectful and peaceful to your surroundings. We ask that you do not cause any damage to property, cause any physical harm to any surrounding beings, and please do not get out of hand. We also urge you to NOT break any rules and/or laws outside on the streets of Detroit and/or inside Ford Field. Things such as a “Fire Millen” shirt can get you kicked out of the stadium. Any illegal actions may mean legal action is taken. We are not liable for any illegal actions you take. The Orange-Out is to show the Ford family we are not going to stand for Matt Millen and his inexperience any longer. This event is not to disgrace the Lions players, the organization, or the city of Detroit in any way.

To contact WDFN, please go to www.wdfn.com, or to contact a representative of The Lions Fanatics, send an email to Webmaster@thelionsfanatics.com.

joseephuss

Reaction score
That is funny.

Just a little perspective, Dallas is 34-43 over the same time period. Dallas was bad, but not as bad as Detroit. And the great news is Dallas appears to be in position to be good for the next several seasons.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
I had no idea the Lions ever won any Championships. Then they do have a rich history.

lspain1

Reaction score
Sort of like the 'Aints' bags over the heads. It'll be interesting to see if they can "turn out the shirts" and make a difference.