Detroit was lucky to even be in that position (2 pt play, 0:23 left)

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Funny how all the pundits and anti-Cowboys rhetoric all night long never mention how lucky Detroit was to even be in that spot.

* Um, hello, CeeDee fumbles the ball out of bounds? Yeah Detroit D...good 'stop' there. Sure. Dallas stopped themselves there folks, NOT Detroit.

* There WAS NO tripping on Hendershot. Nada.

* After that phantom penalty, Mike McCarthy calling a low percentage pass in the EZ on 2nd and 14 with under 2 minutes left, saving Detroit a timeout and 40 seconds. You're welcome Lions.

Dallas stopped themselves more time than Detroit did. Meanwhile, Goff had 2 horrible INTs, misfired on a 4th and goal earlier in the game, and on the 'final' 2 point play. Dak outplayed Goff in this one folks.

Finally, Detroit couldn't stop Lamb.

So, I'm not saying Dallas was flawless...Lord knows they were far from it. But please explain to me how Detroit 'deserved' to win?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But please explain to me how Detroit 'deserved' to win?
giphy.gif

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yeah I was a little annoyed by the media reaction insinuating that the Lions should have won.

No, they really shouldn’t have.

We deserved to lose, sure. But we shot ourselves in the foot so many times.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Yeah, I asked about the tripping call but did not see any evidence one way or the other. But yeah, if they got that call wrong then that was as big a screw up as what the two point conversion may have been.

At the end of the day, if the refs did screw up the call on the first two point conversion, it screwed both teams in a way. That is, had the cowboys been told both 70 and 68 are eligible, maybe we cover 68?

Nav22

Reaction score
Some people here only cry about refs when the Cowboys lose, too.

When things go the Cowboys way the ref threads disappear.

It's as if fans are mostly irrational, or something,
Fan is short for "fanatic."
:thumbup:

Kumala808

Reaction score
watching the replay, the tripping penalty on peyton, was bull crap

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people here only cry about refs when the Cowboys lose, too.

When things go the Cowboys way the ref threads disappear.

It's as if fans are mostly irrational, or something,
I am happy this NFL ref debacle is way out in the open and occurring league wide and likely will prompt some changes, hopefully meaning full time fully vested in the job referees.

As far as the 2 point play there were two flags and two different penalties on the lions that play so it was coming back no matter what.

popp1234

Reaction score
Funny how all the pundits and anti-Cowboys rhetoric all night long never mention how lucky Detroit was to even be in that spot.

* Um, hello, CeeDee fumbles the ball out of bounds? Yeah Detroit D...good 'stop' there. Sure. Dallas stopped themselves there folks, NOT Detroit.

* There WAS NO tripping on Hendershot. Nada.

* After that phantom penalty, Mike McCarthy calling a low percentage pass in the EZ on 2nd and 14 with under 2 minutes left, saving Detroit a timeout and 40 seconds. You're welcome Lions.

Dallas stopped themselves more time than Detroit did. Meanwhile, Goff had 2 horrible INTs, misfired on a 4th and goal earlier in the game, and on the 'final' 2 point play. Dak outplayed Goff in this one folks.

Finally, Detroit couldn't stop Lamb.

So, I'm not saying Dallas was flawless...Lord knows they were far from it. But please explain to me how Detroit 'deserved' to win?
I totally agree!