Devin Aromashodu

rlee

Reaction score
If Chad jackson doesn't fall to us, I would be happy with Devein Aromashodu from Auburn in the 3rd round.

Woods

Reaction score
Brandon Marshall would be interesting, IMO.

Day 2, Reid. Small, but very fast and an excellent returner.

chicago JK

Reaction score
a few months ago in a column fish mentioned an Auburn receiver that Dallas had their eyes on in the middle rounds. It was either this dude or their other starting reciever....can't remember.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
chicago JK said:
a few months ago in a column fish mentioned an Auburn receiver that Dallas had their eyes on in the middle rounds. It was either this dude or their other starting reciever....can't remember.
It was Devin.

Height: 6-2 1/2 | Weight: 201 | 40-Time: 4.35
Official Bio

Strengths:
Had good size with long arms and legs...Very quick with a burst...Good natural athletic ability...A deep threat with an impressive yards per catch average who can stretch the field...A tremendous leaper who knows how to go get the ball...Has great balls skills...Consistent and productive...Also a top kick returner.

Weaknesses:
A bit of a one-dimensional vertical receiver who doesn't provide much help in the short to intermediate areas...Doesn't run great routes...Shies away from contact and doesn't like going over the middle...Always had a lot of talent around him...Did not put up the big numbers you'd expect.

Notes:
Father is from Lagos, Nigeria and moved to the United States in his 20's...Had to compete for attention in an offense that featured a bunch of future pros and high draft picks which could explain the lack of eye-popping statistics...Probably won't be a top threat but could make his mark as a backup wideout and return man.
daromashodu.jpg

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
rlee said:
If Chad jackson doesn't fall to us, I would be happy with Devein Aromashodu from Auburn in the 3rd round.

Welcome to the board......Enjoy

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
I guess I can see why the Cowboys took a look- he's got some height, he'll be the last WR drafted that runs a sub-4.4 40-yd dash and he ran two kickoffs back for TD as a junior. But he only caught 17 passes last year and has questionable passion for the game/work habits, from what I've read. I admit I never noticed him on the field, though he sounds like a one-dimensional fly-pattern guy to me. I like Demetrius Williams or Greg Jennings for us if we go WR on day one; I think there will be value in WR/KR types in rounds 4 & 5. IMO, WRs picked later than round 5 tend to be wasted picks, Crayton being a notable exception.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
rlee said:
:welcome: to the forum. It took you a long time to post. Hope it becomes a habit.

I do think we'll take a WR in this draft, round 3 sounds right. I like Todd Watkins of BYU and Martin Nance of Miami Ohio.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
It was Devin.

No, it wasn't.

Here is the direct quote from the article that Mike Fisher wrote just before free agency started:

WIDE RECEIVER: Start with a big swing for Terrell Owens (who may be Denver-bound). End with a plan to use a mid-round pick on somebody like (one Valley Ranch whisperer tells me) Auburn wide receiver Ben Obomanu. And in between, how about Reggie Wayne of the Colts (all the time fearing that he'll get Alvin Harpered if he leaves Indy, that is; exposed as a guy who is meant to be a No. 2)?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I like Todd Watkins of BYU and Martin Nance of Miami Ohio.
Both of those players are the type of guys I would like to see us get by trading down the 18 pick. Four picks in day one allows us the chance to get guys like these.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Auburn is a solid program.....this guys has the speed....maybe a good fit

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Great Post...:bow:

This guy was in my top five in listed receivers the Cowboys could draft in the later rounds... John Hannon is another one too.. 6-4 220 and runs a 4.35 in the 40 yard dash, with a 39 inch verticle.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Great Post...:bow:

This guy was in my top five in listed receivers the Cowboys could draft in the later rounds... John Hannon is another one too.. 6-4 220 and runs a 4.35 in the 40 yard dash, with a 39 inch verticle.
Brandon Marshall/Todd Watkins/Derek Hagan/Martin Nance/John Hannon - In that order