Devin Hester...

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Early in the year many posters here where on the Hester Bandwagon so I just wanted to pass along he has informed Miami he will return for his senior season. He didn't show much this year other than a few exciting returns he didn't play much on D this year; which has hurt his draft projections.

joseephuss

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Early in the year many posters here where on the Hester Bandwagon so I just wanted to pass along he has informed Miami he will return for his senior season. He didn't show much this year other than a few exciting returns he didn't play much on D this year; which has hurt his draft projections.

I didn't know he played on defense. Didn't he have ankle problems most of the year? How big is he? Looks kind of small.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I didn't know he played on defense. Didn't he have ankle problems most of the year? How big is he? Looks kind of small.
He's a CB 5'11" 185lbs he injured his Hammy during the VT game and didn't play again after that, that I recall....He worked out with Deion last offseason which didn't help him a bit.

zagnut

Reaction score
Deion never struck me as an especially hard worker outerer.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

I read somewhere today that he supposedly will returning to WR next year.

joseephuss

Reaction score
zagnut said:
Deion never struck me as an especially hard worker outerer.

I heard Deion worked out very hard and he also studied a lot of film. He was very talented, but he was not talented enough not to work out. No one is. The all time greats were the all time greats because they were hard workers.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I heard Deion worked out very hard and he also studied a lot of film. He was very talented, but he was not talented enough not to work out. No one is. The all time greats were the all time greats because they were hard workers.

Yep

On Deion's Beyond the Glory Bio, Bobby Bowden talked about how people would come up to him and ask him how can he deal with a misfit like Deion on a daily basis.

Bowden said that Deion was one of the easiest players to coach that he ever had.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Devin needs to stay an extra year in school and pick a position and work at it. He is a blue-chip athlete but is raw in acquired skill.