Dexter Jackson Panthers Practice squad WR

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3261940 said:
He runs a 4.27 40 yard dash, anyone else have any other info on him?

oh, the almighty 40 yard dash.......

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
SDogo;3261943 said:
oh, the almighty 40 yard dash.......

well I find it interesting someone that runs that fast is not on a NFL Roster.

[youtube]OV3X3g4AOws[/youtube]
[youtube]GeuCmr5dfns[/youtube] he is the same sort of player that DeSean Jackson is from what i've seen, IF he catches he is gone.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Professional career

Pre-draft

At the NFL Scouting Combine, Jackson ran the manually-timed 40-yard dash (4.27 seconds) faster than any other receiver which bumped his value up the Buccaneers' draft board.

Jackson was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round (58th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft. On July 25, he signed a four-year contract.

The Buccaneers waived Jackson on August 31, 2009.

The Carolina Panthers signed Jackson to their practice squad on October 12, 2009. After his contract expired following the season, he was re-signed to a future contract on January 4, 2010.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3261948 said:
well I find it interesting someone that runs that fast is not on a NFL Roster.

It's typically a result of the fact that his speed does not translate on the football field.

It's also because a 40 yard dash in spandex is not the same as running 40 yards with an additional 15lbs of football equipment on.

If it was so simple we would see track stars lined up wide all over the NFL.

Fast college player does not mean great NFL player. The game is too fast, the players too good. It takes so much more.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3261940 said:
He runs a 4.27 40 yard dash, anyone else have any other info on him?

Yeah, he was terrible in Tampa and thats why he's not there anymore.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
That Michigan game really made his career. I don't know much else about him, but he looked out of this world in that Michigan game.

He may suck, but it's beyond stupid to cut a guy just one year after drafting him in the second round. Not sure how anyone could say he was terrible there, unless you were able to watch the Bucs practices.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I'd be willing to pick him up off of their practice squad and give him what? the 3 weeks on our main roster.

Thats some serious speed.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3262054 said:
I'd be willing to pick him up off of their practice squad and give him what? the 3 weeks on our main roster.

That's all he has is speed, but it doesn't even show up in the NFL. That's why he is on a practice squad.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Jackson was cut because he couldn't get open, looked timid on returns and his speed didn't translate to the NFL as well.

Teams aren't exactly jumping at the chance to take him off of PS.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;3261956 said:
The Carolina Panthers signed Jackson to their practice squad on October 12, 2009. After his contract expired following the season, he was re-signed to a future contract on January 4, 2010.
/thread

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3262054 said:

Who do we cut to keep him for those three weeks? And don't say Roy because that's not happening no matter how much some want it.