Dez Bryant has an NFL record since the 1970 merger

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if this was mentioned in another thread ..

"On the next play, Romo put Dallas up 14-0 with a 19-yard pass to Dez Bryant, who caught a scoring pass in his 12th consecutive game against the AFC to extend the longest interconference streak since the 1970 merger."

From this Article

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Not sure if this was mentioned in another thread ..

"On the next play, Romo put Dallas up 14-0 with a 19-yard pass to Dez Bryant, who caught a scoring pass in his 12th consecutive game against the AFC to extend the longest interconference streak since the 1970 merger."

From this Article

An obscure stat, and one that I hope gets extended to 13 games...THIS YEAR!

Reaction score
I don't mind obscure stats on a message-board, but they should ban announcers from using them during games. So annoying, 99% of them are out of context and totally useless.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I think dez has raised his level of play the past couple of weeks. I've never seen him play better. The way he has been high pointing the ball and snatching it. He might be the best WR in the game. He has separated himself from AJ Green and Julio Jones and is pushing Megatron for the top spot. Guy is a beast.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I think dez has raised his level of play the past couple of weeks. I've never seen him play better. The way he has been high pointing the ball and snatching it. He might be the best WR in the game. He has separated himself from AJ Green and Julio Jones and is pushing Megatron for the top spot. Guy is a beast.

He has been distanced himself from Julio. Julio is fast and a great route runner, but he does not use his size, like the elite tall receivers should/could. He's not a freak of nature when going up for the ball.

Green? I blame his QB, but he has put a little distance there as well, he is just more of a physical freak.

Megatron? Nah, not yet. Not even pushing. He can get there though.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
He has been distanced himself from Julio. Julio is fast and a great route runner, but he does not use his size, like the elite tall receivers should/could. He's not a freak of nature when going up for the ball.

Green? I blame his QB, but he has put a little distance there as well, he is just more of a physical freak.

Julio is a monster. He would be leading yardage receiver if not for missing a game. Size/speed/strength combo that you just don't see often. Green hasn't made the plays to be up there with dez.

This year, Dez has been as good or better than megatron. I mean 14 TD's through 15 games is awesome.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Julio is a monster. He would be leading yardage receiver if not for missing a game. Size/speed/strength combo that you just don't see often. Green hasn't made the plays to be up there with dez.

This year, Dez has been as good or better than megatron. I mean 14 TD's through 15 games is awesome.

I agree, but Megatron has been injured most of the season.

Julio is a monster for sure. Never would of took him over Dez though.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You must not be watching Julio Jones this year.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

Dez has 8 more tds but only 15 more targets than megatron

perrykemp

Reaction score
Speaking of Julio and AJ, surprised Nelson doesn't come up.

He isn't as good as Dez, however, I wonder if Jordy Nelson will ever got credit for being a top WR.

1433 yards on 92 catches, 13 TDs on only 11 more targets than Dez. Didn't play in the better part of a game and half due to Packer blowouts where Rodgers/Nelson/etc sat.

Nelson already broke the NFL record for long bomb TDs (40+ yards) in a season (7 of them) and still has a game to go -- breaking the record (tied) by Jerry Rice, Bob Hayes, and Crazy Legs Hirsh.

Add to that Romo is playing better than Rodgers this year AND Nelson is competing with Cobb (who also had 10 TDs) and you have a pretty compelling case.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Speaking of Julio and AJ, surprised Nelson doesn't come up.

He isn't as good as Dez, however, I wonder if Jordy Nelson will ever got credit for being a top WR.

1433 yards on 92 catches, 13 TDs on only 11 more targets than Dez. Didn't play in the better part of a game and half due to Packer blowouts where Rodgers/Nelson/etc sat.

Nelson already broke the NFL record for long bomb TDs (40+ yards) in a season (7 of them) and still has a game to go -- breaking the record (tied) by Jerry Rice, Bob Hayes, and Crazy Legs Hirsh.

Add to that Romo is playing better than Rodgers this year AND Nelson is competing with Cobb (who also had 10 TDs) and you have a pretty compelling case.

Jordy is a beast.

Right now though, there is only 1 guy I would clearly put over Dez. By a mile, and that's Megatron.