Dez Bryant the 2nd Cowboy on Top 100...w/vid post #5

brymatt94

Reaction score
Dez Bryant was selected as the 35th best player of 2013. This coming after Jason Witten was voted number 41 last week. I take these rankings with a grain of salt. In my opinion if they're going to do something like this, put it in the hands of the coaches and scouts, but this is pretty good for Dez.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Sweet! He had to be in there somewhere looking at the other WRs who were already selected. That ranking could be top 15 next year.

So it looks like Witten, Ware and Bryant made it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That was a really good segment on Dez tonight.
35 is getting into rare air.

It would not surprise me at all if he's higher next year.

Section446

Reaction score
That's the perfect spot for him, if he improves upon the momentum next year, he'll be top 20.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DFWJC;5096421 said:
That was a really good segment on Dez tonight.
35 is getting into rare air.

It would not surprise me at all if he's higher next year.

Getting into it. For context, though, if you were to take the best players from every team, and rank order that list from first to last in draft-fashion, our highest ranked player would still be just a second round pick.

It looks like our first rounder will still be Demarcus Ware, I hope.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Idgit;5096491 said:
Getting into it. For context, though, if you were to take the best players from every team, and rank order that list from first to last in draft-fashion, our highest ranked player would still be just a second round pick.

It looks like our first rounder will still be Demarcus Ware, I hope.

Our highest ranked player will not be a second round pick (lower than 32)

But I hear what you're saying--the very top teams have a bunch of players in the mix.

If they dodge injury and the season gets better, I think Dallas could see 6-8 players next year.
Knocking on wood

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Ronde Barber said he's on the path to becoming a player in his own category... Pretty high praise from a future hall of famer!

DFWJC

Reaction score
We can bash some of the drafting moves of the past,but this isnot one of them.
Dez looks like a huge draft day steal.

If both Lee and Cartwr can stay healthy, so will they.

dcstands4

Reaction score
I am still in shocked and I wonder are Ware and Romo gonna make it in to the top 100

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcstands4;5098595 said:
I am still in shocked and I wonder are Ware and Romo gonna make it in to the top 100
I could see Ware, but not Romo... He was really low last year. So if he was going to make it, then he would've already been on the list.

dcstands4

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;5098609 said:
I could see Ware, but not Romo... He was really low last year. So if he was going to make it, then he would've already been on the list.

last year he was hosed. How can you have a top 50 TE and WR and the quarterback gets NO credit?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcstands4;5098613 said:
last year he was hosed. How can you have a top 50 TE and WR and the quarterback gets NO credit?

I'd be pretty surprised if Romo were on the list at all. Not that this list means anything. Nobody even knows who's voting it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcstands4;5098613 said:
Simply put: Some people just don't like Romo. And this poll is from players around the league, so that tells you what they think of him.

Ren

Reaction score
dcstands4;5098595 said:

Romo was 91th last year do you really think he cracks the top 30 the following year after leading the league in picks?

Ware might get by on his name but he was so banged up last season it's hard to say he was one of the best as well

Reaction score
dcstands4;5098613 said:

All Romo has to do is win the Super Bowl, & I guarantee he will be there next year. Unfortunately, a Super Bowl win also depends on a top notch defense & a solid running game. You never know, though.