Dez Bryant: There is nothing diva about me..

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sasquatch;3361634 said:
It's in poor taste, sure, but I can understand why the question was asked: if you're going to invest a high pick and millions of dollars in a player with his background you want to see how he is going to react to the type of questions that he will undoubtedly face once he is drafted.

Who is undoubtedly going to be asking if his mom is a crack *****?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
TheCount;3361849 said:

There is only one way we get Dez Byrant is if we trade Roy Williams... So if you want Byrant hope someone wants to take Roy and a draft pick..Byrant and Miles -o.0

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
TheCount;3361849 said:

Maybe not the precise question, but modern journalism being what it is, he will surely face questions about his past that are similar in tone. High profile celebrities are routinely targets for the muckraking that passes as journalism these days.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
dargonking999;3361866 said:
There is only one way we get Dez Byrant is if we trade Roy Williams... So if you want Byrant hope someone wants to take Roy and a draft pick..Byrant and Miles -o.0

Except youre wrong :D

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
dargonking999;3361866 said:

How so? Roy has nothing to do with this. Cowboys are in good cap situation. They can afford Miles, Bryant and Roy.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Sasquatch;3361890 said:
Maybe not the precise question, but modern journalism being what it is, he will surely face questions about his past that are similar in tone. High profile celebrities are routinely targets for the muckraking that passes as journalism these days.

I just don't see how, during the process of an interview, any journalist is gonna ask him if his mother is a prostitute. In that situation, at least he can get up and walk out.

In an interview for your future, you are going to feel obliged to smile like an idiot and answer that bull**** question because your life depends on doing just that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3361708 said:
If she's making poor decisions with her life then so is he.

Except that she was in prison ..... and he has never gotten in trouble with the law

I live in Nac, heard all about this kid from people who know him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;3361958 said:
I just don't see how, during the process of an interview, any journalist is gonna ask him if his mother is a prostitute. In that situation, at least he can get up and walk out.

In an interview for your future, you are going to feel obliged to smile like an idiot and answer that bull**** question because your life depends on doing just that.

They do it to test his ability to handle some type of adversity. It's all psychological.

Trash talking is frequent among teammates in practice and opponents in games. You don't want somebody who'll flip a wig and go Michael Westbrook on someone.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;3361958 said:

Dude.

It wasn't a journalist.

It was a prospective employer.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
rocyaice;3361927 said:
How so? Roy has nothing to do with this. Cowboys are in good cap situation. They can afford Miles, Bryant and Roy.

Because as good as our cap situation is, it dosen't make football sense, to keep a underperformer like Roy and pay him 9 mil a year to do what? Watch other WR's play better than him? The situation that makes the most sense, is to trade the underperforming Roy Williams, replace him with Dez Byrant, put ogletree in the slot, and start Felix Jones. again 0.o I would take that over Roy Williams and Austin with Crayton in the slot everyday...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Tirico was just interviewing Bryant and asking him questions about the rumors regarding being late.

Dez manned up and said he had problems early on and during his first year but got it straightened out after that.

I'm really warming to the idea of drafting him if he is available.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Whew. I'm glad you finally warmed up.

I'll send the a-ok to Jerry.

jk.

I want him too.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Vintage;3362123 said:
Whew. I'm glad you finally warmed up.

I'll send the a-ok to Jerry.

jk.

I want him too.

I'm just not a fan of drafting idiots. Never have been.

However, with this guy you might make an exception based on talent and the fact that he got a pretty rough hand to work with growing up if I remember correctly.

elcocinero

Reaction score
If this were lockerroom of two years ago, then i would say hell no. But i think the current Cowboys lockerroom would be a positive place for Dez.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
I hope we end up with this kid somehow. I would have slugged someone if they asked me that about my mom. That is indeed way over the line!

Wood

Reaction score
lets just pass on this guy....i smell mini TO from mile away. This team functions better when they put players on the field...not "why me" guys. Ugghh...enough with this guy already...its already tiring and he isnt even on a team yet.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;3362179 said:
I hope we end up with this kid somehow. I would have slugged someone if they asked me that about my mom. That is indeed way over the line!
Not really. You just have to control your temper. Especially if millions of dollars are on the line. If you were paying somebody millions of dollars wouldn't you want to know everything about them?

Also, I was down on Dez because of something I heard from one of his teammates. I never heard he was late for anything though.

I think Dez is worth the risk if he falls to our pick. He's an elite talent and would be a steal at 27. I do think he has a higher floor though than the other elite prospects due to his personality. He's not a bad person by any means, but he seems like he can easily be influenced by people he shouldn't be listening to. I also question his maturity. That said he is worth the risk.