Twitter: Dez Bryant to be co-repped by Tom Condon and Kim Miale

Reaction score
Interesting.......

I know Condon has pretty good relations with the Cowboys. I wonder if he was hired to reassure Jerry?

movaughn88

Reaction score
So basically he has Romo's agent now, and also one of the younger up and coming female agents who works with a brand that might be able to get him some endorsements and marketing money.

Maybe this is his way of getting paid by the team and making up some extra cash in better marketing opportunities. He's not going to be repping Nationwide Insurance w/ Peyton or Wrangler Jeans w/ Favre anytime soon, so it seems like this move keeps him with an established agent the team (and his QB) has ties to, and a younger creative team to tap endorsements.

Everyone needs to calm down about this one.

gambit187

Reaction score
So basically he has Romo's agent now, and also one of the younger up and coming female agents who works with a brand that might be able to get him some endorsements and marketing money.

Maybe this is his way of getting paid by the team and making up some extra cash in better marketing opportunities. He's not going to be repping Nationwide Insurance w/ Peyton or Wrangler Jeans w/ Favre anytime soon, so it seems like this move keeps him with an established agent the team (and his QB) has ties to, and a younger creative team to tap endorsements.

No they cant calm down because all people see is Roc Nation and their blindness leads them to think that Jay Z is going to be doing the actual negotiating.....I know some people on this board lost a few hours of their precious time over thinking something that is not that serious.....lmao

EST_1986

Reaction score
Oh no so Jay Z won't be in there rapping Dez's term deal to Jerry? what will everyone complain about now :eek:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
No they cant calm down because all people see is Roc Nation and their blindness leads them to think that Jay Z is going to be doing the actual negotiating.....I know some people on this board lost a few hours of their precious time over thinking something that is not that serious.....lmao

You can blame the media and their making things up for the reason why fans are not calm. They start the mess and then add fuel to the fire.

YR

conner01

Reaction score
i think dez wanted to loook at where the real money is and thats not from your contract. thats from endorcements.
i also think he gets signed for top 5 money if a team friendly way and everyone is happy in the end

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It's probably setup where Condon/CAA gets a lot of the money from commission on his salary and Roc/Jay-Z gets money from endorsement deals.

Yeah, I don't think Roc is so much in these deals for the contractual piece. I wonder if they are partnering with more traditional agencies on other clients.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think dez wanted to loook at where the real money is and thats not from your contract. thats from endorcements.
i also think he gets signed for top 5 money if a team friendly way and everyone is happy in the end

Getting top 5 money is not the issue because there is a huge variance in the top 5. Number 1 and 2 are over 16M per year and number 3 is about 12M. They Cowboys most likely have already offered top 5 money but not top 2 money.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

This sounds like something I'd be for.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I think this is good news for the Cowboys. Tom Codone and CAA are Romo's and Witten's agents and I don't see Bryant leaving the Cowboys. I don't think they will break the bank for Bryant and Bryant will be happy being a Cowboy for life.

Roc Nation will be doing the marketing. Bryant will be getting the majority of his money from endorsements. Michael Jordan become a billionaire because of endorsements and not because he won championships for Chicago. Bryant won't be making money from his NFL contract alone and it allows for the Cowboys to have some wiggle room during these negotiation. Sit back and relax folks. There is no reason for panic because Bryant will remain a Cowboy for life in my honest opinion.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Seems like a win win for everybody involved.