Dez Bryant's 40 time

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dfense;3474990 said:
Anybody ?

I can't find it anywhere.

ive got anywhere from 4.53 to 4.48, but dez times faster, he is a big version of jerry rice, he runs faster on the football field, then he runs a 40

laythewood28

Reaction score
dfense;3474990 said:
Anybody ?

I can't find it anywhere.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/30/red-flags-still-loom-after-dez-bryants-pro-day/

Any coach or scout hoping to come to some definitive conclusion about Dez Bryant's NFL future will have to keep wondering -- possibly until Bryant ultimately steps on the field as a pro.

In fact, Bryant's pro-day workout at Oklahoma State may have added to the question marks swirling around the star wide receiver. Bryant posted a pair of 4.52 times in the 40-yard dash, sandwiched around a wind-hampered 4.68, all numbers that were slower than he hoped. He also checked in with a 38-inch vertical and an impressive 11-foot-1 broad jump, but failed to finish both a short-shuttle and three-cone drill, according to NFL.com.

The performance left NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock "disappointed."

"I'm kind of conflicted," Mayock said. "I come into this workout, I've got him as my No. 3 best football player in the country, not No. 3 wide receiver ...

"I like the guy but I can't put him in Larry Fitzgerald's class ... Very similar numbers, but he was completely clean off the field. This kid didn't finish his short shuttle, didn't finish his three-cone. There are some red flags there."

Keep in mind that nobody's seen Bryant do anything of substance since a Sept. 19, 2009 game against Rice. Bryant grabbed nine catches for 162 yards and two TDs in that 41-24 Oklahoma State win, but shortly thereafter was suspended by the NCAA for the rest of his junior season for lying about a meeting he had with Deion Sanders.

Bryant also skipped workouts at February's combine because of a hamstring injury.

So everyone was eager to see what he'd do Tuesday. The mixed results -- especially the apparent lack of breakaway speed -- could keep Bryant as a mid- to low-first round prospect.

Take, for example, NFL Draft Scout's breakdown of Bryant's intangibles: No major character concerns, but questions abound about his consistency, maturity and work ethic. Suspension for lying to NCAA should not hurt his stock if he takes responsibility for his actions.

The site then lists Bryant's NFL player comparison as Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams. That match fits size-wise (Bryant's 6-foot-2, 215 pounds; Williams 6-3, 215) and in their ability to make catches. But NFL teams have to be concerned that the similarities extend beyond that -- Williams continues to struggle with inconsistency and the mental aspects of the game.

Bryant still needs to prove that he's worthy of being a top pick. He didn't exactly do that Tuesday.

"He's got extremely strong hands, he can pluck the football. ... That's where he's most natural," Mayock said. "But there's a lot of questions. I've got to go back to the drawing board and put the tape back on."

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Listening to his detractors ..... I think this.

cecil-turtle.jpg

JBS

Reaction score
2.76 in his first try
2.77 in his 2nd try

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Love how Dez gets roasted for not carrying pads but Fitz gets a pass for abusing his babies momma.

JBS

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;3475033 said:
Love how Dez gets roasted for not carrying pads but Fitz gets a pass for abusing his babies momma.

Dez is a rookie..Fitz has been doing it for years

Apluz

Reaction score
laythewood28;3475002 said:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/30/red-flags-still-loom-after-dez-bryants-pro-day/

Any coach or scout hoping to come to some definitive conclusion about Dez Bryant's NFL future will have to keep wondering -- possibly until Bryant ultimately steps on the field as a pro.

In fact, Bryant's pro-day workout at Oklahoma State may have added to the question marks swirling around the star wide receiver. Bryant posted a pair of 4.52 times in the 40-yard dash, sandwiched around a wind-hampered 4.68, all numbers that were slower than he hoped. He also checked in with a 38-inch vertical and an impressive 11-foot-1 broad jump, but failed to finish both a short-shuttle and three-cone drill, according to NFL.com.

"I'm kind of conflicted," Mayock said. "I come into this workout, I've got him as my No. 3 best football player in the country, not No. 3 wide receiver ...

"I like the guy but I can't put him in Larry Fitzgerald's class ... Very similar numbers, but he was completely clean off the field. This kid didn't finish his short shuttle, didn't finish his three-cone. There are some red flags there."

Keep in mind that nobody's seen Bryant do anything of substance since a Sept. 19, 2009 game against Rice. Bryant grabbed nine catches for 162 yards and two TDs in that 41-24 Oklahoma State win, but shortly thereafter was suspended by the NCAA for the rest of his junior season for lying about a meeting he had with Deion Sanders.

Bryant also skipped workouts at February's combine because of a hamstring injury.

So everyone was eager to see what he'd do Tuesday. The mixed results -- especially the apparent lack of breakaway speed -- could keep Bryant as a mid- to low-first round prospect.

Take, for example, NFL Draft Scout's breakdown of Bryant's intangibles: No major character concerns, but questions abound about his consistency, maturity and work ethic. Suspension for lying to NCAA should not hurt his stock if he takes responsibility for his actions.

The site then lists Bryant's NFL player comparison as Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams. That match fits size-wise (Bryant's 6-foot-2, 215 pounds; Williams 6-3, 215) and in their ability to make catches. But NFL teams have to be concerned that the similarities extend beyond that -- Williams continues to struggle with inconsistency and the mental aspects of the game.

Bryant still needs to prove that he's worthy of being a top pick. He didn't exactly do that Tuesday.

"He's got extremely strong hands, he can pluck the football. ... That's where he's most natural," Mayock said. "But there's a lot of questions. I've got to go back to the drawing board and put the tape back on."

That was the best thing to ever happen to Bryant having a poor workout. If he would have lit it up he never would have slip in the draft the way he did.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
laythewood28;3475002 said:

"The site then lists Bryant's NFL player comparison as Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams. That match fits size-wise (Bryant's 6-foot-2, 215 pounds; Williams 6-3, 215) and in their ability to make catches. But NFL teams have to be concerned that the similarities extend beyond that -- Williams continues to struggle with inconsistency and the mental aspects of the game.

right, but thats when he was out of football shape and hadnt really ran in over a year or played football

when you dont run or play football rust is pretty evident,

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3475014 said:
2.76 in his first try
2.77 in his 2nd try

AmarilloCowboyFan;3475016 said:
In full gear and carrying RW's pads.

AsthmaField;3475022 said:
In shorts: 4.53

In pads: 3.21

In pads with ball in hands: 2.14

No, guys. Those are Der Buehler's times. Stop confusing them.

laythewood28

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3475040 said:
right, but thats when he was out of football shape and hadnt really ran in over a year or played football

when you dont run or play football rust is pretty evident,

That and the fact he had to wear borrowed shoes. I say he's around 4.4. He's certainly faster than Crayton. Maybe even Roy and he posted between 4.38 and 4.46 at his combine. He has fast game speed, that all that matters.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't know his 40 time and frankly I don't care, but yesterday at practice he showed to be pretty darn fast. A great burst, blowing by Scandrick, Newman and every other CB he went up against. He showed an amazing burst when returning KO's.

He looks faster than anyone else on the field.

T-RO

Reaction score
40 time?
His critics: 4.68
Some on this forum: 2.3

I say, mute the critics...but tap the brakes.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He covers the first 10 yards the fastest of anybody I've seen since Deion.

CB's nightmare.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3475038 said:
Dez is a rookie..Fitz has been doing it for years

Thanks for providing that awesome piece of information. I'm sure most on this board were unaware of that.:rolleyes:

You have any other hidden gems?