Dez Bryant's 40 time

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3474998 said:
He is a 4.5 guy pretty much the same as Irvin.

Irvin would have been jumping up and down if he was ever timed that fast. I believe at best or fastest Irvin was 4.6 guy and he says often he was never that fast.

JBS

Reaction score
ninja;3475172 said:
Thanks for providing that awesome piece of information. I'm sure most on this board were unaware of that.:rolleyes:

You have any other hidden gems?

lighten up pal..it was a joke, you obviously didn't get it

Outtayourleague

Reaction score
Dez plays much faster then any of his 40 times show. He plays like a 5'10 guy trapped in a 6'2 guy's body

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Dez Bryant plays extremely fast. This guy gets on you in a hurry and when he makes a cut, it's sharp and crisp and he doesn't slow down. He just keeps blowing heat and explodes toward the football.

Bryant reminds me of Felix Jones when he cuts, because he doesn't slow down. Then, you have all that ridiuculous athletic ablilty. He plays really, really fast.

Like Felix Jones, who didn't run the fastest 40, Bryant plays at one speed.

REAL FAST and REAL EXPLOSIVE

Outtayourleague

Reaction score
41gy#;3475451 said:
Dez Bryant plays extremely fast. This guy gets on you in a hurry and when he makes a cut, it's sharp and crisp and he doesn't slow down. He just keeps blowing heat and explodes toward the football.

Bryant reminds me of Felix Jones when he cuts, because he doesn't slow down. Then, you have all that ridiuculous athletic ablilty. He plays really, really fast.

Like Felix Jones, who didn't run the fastest 40, Bryant plays at one speed.

REAL FAST and REAL EXPLOSIVE

I agree 100%. Dez and Felix both are hard to catch in the open field

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3474998 said:
He is a 4.5 guy pretty much the same as Irvin.

I had the priviliage of watching Irvin in training camp in his prime.

Dez is much faster.....end of story

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Who do you think is faster, Dez or Felix? Game speed, not 40s or 100s just flat out game speed?

Man I love these dudes. My two favorite Cowboys on offense right now.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Ashwynn;3475694 said:
Who do you think is faster, Dez or Felix? Game speed, not 40s or 100s just flat out game speed?

Man I love these dudes. My two favorite Cowboys on offense right now.

I saw both of them break long runs Tues.....I would go Felix.....but, it is CLOSE....and I would not argue either way

Reaction score
Talking about how 40 times don't matter is beating on the skeleton of a dead horse, but it still remains true.

For a wide receiver, running crisp routes, having body control, being able to track the ball well in the air, and having good hands are all far more important than speed.

Every year some speedster gets drafted in the first round based on their 40 time, and very few of them ever turn into anything resembling a pro bowl wide receiver.

When you see a guy who has the natural receiving ability that Dez does, you forget about his 40 time, you sit back in your chair, and you enjoy the show and be thankful he's wearing a star on his helmet.

dfense

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3474995 said:
ive got anywhere from 4.53 to 4.48, but dez times faster, he is a big version of jerry rice, he runs faster on the football field, then he runs a 40
thanks!

Stautner

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3474995 said:
ive got anywhere from 4.53 to 4.48, but dez times faster, he is a big version of jerry rice, he runs faster on the football field, then he runs a 40

Then how does he "time faster"?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3474995 said:

people are often enamoured with WR 40 times. a WR doesn't need to run 4.3 to run past defenders, its how fast you run with pads and its about getting separation, running routes and setting up the defenders. that's what made rice great, not his 40 time, his hands, his route running was one of the best ever, he didn't waste a step, made cat quick cuts without losing speed and was always a step ahead of the defender.

that's what dez does. he runs great routes. his fundamentals are great. he makes very quick cuts that gives him a step ahead of even the fasted CBs that would need to react to him, he has great hands, size and body control.

Irvin was the same way. and I think Dez will be very similar, because he can run all the routes, he can also set up the defenders to run deep. he needs a 1/2 second reaciotn time by the CBs to allow him get past them and get open down field.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3475692 said:
I had the priviliage of watching Irvin in training camp in his prime.

Dez is much faster.....end of story

Well said, CC.

I saw both on the sidelines and it's not even close. Like a previous poster said, Dez looks like the fastest guy on the field when he's out there.

Nightshade

Reaction score
He's very slow. Drops everything and can't run routes to save his life.

We're talking about Siavii right?