Twitter: Dez Bryant's first offseason activity: donation to animal shelter

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing endears an athlete more to me than stuff like this.
Many people that make big charitable type donations, never show up in news reports. I guess it's better that way, but sometimes it would be interesting to see the actual numbers. It is well known that Jerry is extremely generous but does not want it to be reported.

People love to hate on Jerry, but I get the feeling that his contributions would be on the high-end in regards to NFL owners. I could see Mara being on the low end.

In looked up some numbers, it's no wonder that Mara hates Jerry and some other owners. While the Mara's total family wealth might be really big, John Mara's personal wealth is at the low end of NFL owners.
John Mara: 500 million
Jerry: 5.5 billion
Paul Allen: 20 billion

Also, the Mara family only owns 1/2 of the Giants. Joan Tisch owns the other 50 percent and her net worth is about 4 billion.

The reports vary, but according to some reports, either John Mara of Mark Davis (Raiders) have the lowest net worth of all NFL owners.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Many people that make big charitable type donations, never show up in news reports. I guess it's better that way, but sometimes it would be interesting to see the actual numbers. It is well known that Jerry is extremely generous but does not want it to be reported.

People love to hate on Jerry, but I get the feeling that his contributions would be on the high-end in regards to NFL owners. I could see Mara being on the low end.

In looked up some numbers, it's no wonder that Mara hates Jerry and some other owners. While the Mara's total family wealth might be really big, John Mara's personal wealth is at the low end of NFL owners.

Also, the Mara family only owns 1/2 of the Giants. Joan Tisch owns the other 50 percent and her net worth is about 4 billion.

The reports vary, but according to some reports, either John Mara of Mark Davis (Raiders) have the lowest net worth of all NFL owners.

Yes. It's the only power Mara has in the world.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

Yes the Mara's sold 1/2 interest right after Wellington Mara passed away.

Yes. Mara is at the very low end of NFL owner wealth.

aria

Reaction score

We get it, you don't like the Giants. Neither do I. Thanks for polluting and ruining a perfectly good thread feel good thread by bringing them into the conversation for no reason.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We get it, you don't like the Giants. Neither do I. Thanks for polluting and ruining a perfectly good thread feel good thread by bringing them into the conversation for no reason.
You're free to take your Rowdy Avatar over to the Giants message board if you don't like it here.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Good on Dez. Always great to hear stuff like this. Helping our furry friends is always a good thing.