Dez Bryant's first TD

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why don't we do that more?

Just drag him across the formation and see if he can make some people miss.

He is an excellent open field runner and much like TO when he gets the ball in his hands.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The drag route just doesnt seem to feature in this offense unless its 3rd and 5 or more. Im almost wondering if itis romos stature or something

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why don't we do that more?

Just drag him across the formation and see if he can make some people miss.

He is an excellent open field runner and much like TO when he gets the ball in his hands.

A million likes for this. It's called the Jerry Rice pattern because he did that all the time. To take that a step further, do it with all our WR's not just Dez. Sounds like a great question for Garrett.

Reactions: BAT

Jenky

Reaction score
Reminds me of the same route on Thanksgiving day against the Commanders a couple of seasons ago.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think we actually have run this more times than that, just this time it worked out because Dez had the mismatch and was able to get to the outside, and the jags were in man coverage so they weren't hip to what was going on until it was a little too late.

It was executed well, but I don't think this is he first time it was ran.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think we actually have run this more times than that, just this time it worked out because Dez had the mismatch and was able to get to the outside, and the jags were in man coverage so they weren't hip to what was going on until it was a little too late.

It was executed well, but I don't think this is he first time it was ran.

He ran it in a bunch formation today, He may have done it before but most of the time he just does it in a typical formation as flanker or slot. I'm always up for more bunch formations.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He ran it in a bunch formation today, He may have done it before but most of the time he just does it in a typical formation as flanker or slot. I'm always up for more bunch formations.

Yeah I'll have to go back and watch, but you're on to something it seems.

I've said it before, but I have a suspicion that the playbook is being kept tame until it really matters. Might just be my hope though.