Dez Bryant's skills

vaturkey

Reaction score
Every once and a while God creates someone who is faster, bigger, stronger and quicker then anyone else. Some of those folks because of the way life turns, just become regular Joe's and live and die without knowing they were special. Others because of the surroundings and circumstances turn to sports. I think Dez would have made a fantastic baseball, football or basketball player because make no mistake about it, his genetic makeup is amazing. What makes him so special is apparently he chose to excel at football. If he stay's healthy and continues to work, he's a pro bowl player for the next ten years. Pretty amazing we manged to get him at all. He's probably the most talented skill player we've had since Tony Dorsett.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Was that the same QB passing to him on all the TD's.

That guy had a gun in the short ranges.

starchamber

Reaction score
hipfake08;3591082 said:
Was that the same QB passing to him on all the TD's.

That guy had a gun in the short ranges.

That's ridiculous...I tell you what, if that QB got a free education via athletic scholarship, he owes a small debt of gratitude to Dez...Bryant is a freak. :bow:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It really is amazing to watch him catch the ball, it is like glue on his hand. You don't see the ball move once he gets those big paws on that the ball.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3591179 said:
It really is amazing to watch him catch the ball, it is like glue on his hand.

Even more than that ...... its like the ball is pulled to his hands .... that TD catch that did not count is amazing ..... he is sideways in the air getting spun ..... and the ball hits him directly in the hands.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
zrinkill;3591190 said:
Even more than that ...... its like the ball is pulled to his hands .... that TD catch that did not count is amazing ..... he is sideways in the air getting spun ..... and the ball hits him directly in the hands.

I agree. I think this kid is going to be a big time playmaker. Right now he can get by on his natural ability but as he gains experience and gets to know the CB around the league he will have a better understanding how to beat the different techniques used by these vet CB

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
johnny utah;3590979 said:
This is a video of Dez highlights from highschool. I can't believe a seventeen or eighteen year old kid has skills like this. This kid will be a great WR for us (as we all know). How he dropped to us with the 24th pick is beyond me.

[youtubehd]cc6r3rrPh0g[/youtubehd]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6r3rrPh0g&feature=related

Some great stuff there.

Notice how most of his work is on left side of the field?
A few catches like the one he made just before the endzone on left side against Texans.

gbrittain

Reaction score
I was watching the Packer game last night and was remembering that the Packers drafted Brian Bulaga one spot ahead of Dez.

Cannot imagine what Dez would do for that Packer offense. Their loss our gain.

Martice

Reaction score
gbrittain;3591220 said:
I was watching the Packer game last night and was remembering that the Packers drafted Brian Bulaga one spot ahead of Dez.

Cannot imagine what Dez would do for that Packer offense. Their loss our gain.

Scary thought. Can you say 2-3 Super Bowls for the Cheese Heads? Glad we got'em.

marchetta

Reaction score
This vid just confirms my analysis of Dez's skills. He's a powerful, sure-handed, leaper with GREAT body control. Speed is not necessarily his strongest attribute. As soon as Romo develops trust in him, he'll just throw it up and let Dez leap for it (ala Randy Moss). As soon as Brady learned to trust Moss, he'd just throw jump balls whenever Moss was 1-on-1 knowing that Moss had the power, body control, and hands to bring it down. Dez's skill at this was shown last game when Romo threw him a jump ball in the EZ, but Dez was pushed out of bounds (should've been a PI penalty though). We've got to get this kid running more vertical routes, and if he's 1-on-1 (even with a defender in his hip pocket) just throw it up for grabs. Now that Romo is developing trust in him, and the O-line performed so well, I'm sure Red is drawing up a few more vertical routes for the kid.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
marchetta;3591406 said:
This vid just confirms my analysis of Dez's skills. He's a powerful, sure-handed, leaper with GREAT body control.

Speed is not necessarily his strongest attribute.

As soon as Romo develops trust in him, he'll just throw it up and let Dez leap for it (ala Randy Moss).
As soon as Brady learned to trust Moss, he'd just throw jump balls whenever Moss was 1-on-1 knowing that Moss had the power, body control, and hands to bring it down. Dez's skill at this was shown last game when Romo threw him a jump ball in the EZ, but Dez was pushed out of bounds (should've been a PI penalty though). We've got to get this kid running more vertical routes, and if he's 1-on-1 (even with a defender in his hip pocket) just throw it up for grabs. Now that Romo is developing trust in him, and the O-line performed so well, I'm sure Red is drawing up a few more vertical routes for the kid.

I dont know how fast he is but just imagine if Romo could really lead him into the ball down the field so he can catch it in stride. Major damage to opposing defenses.

Yes, I did notice that. We are witnessing the Playmaker Ver2 or 3 if you count Pearson

Nexx

Reaction score
it looked like a young mike vick throwing it to him lol.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nexx;3591497 said:
it looked like a young mike vick throwing it to him lol.

That was Jeremy Claybon and he was a really good HS QB. First Team All District, 2nd Team All State. The problem was he was a bit smallish to play QB in college. He went to SFA where he was moved to DB his sophomore year...

Don't know where he is now...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Pretty phenomenal.

Why am I just now realizing that he's a southpaw?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That's not really Dez in the video.

It's me in a Dez Bryant costume.

All kidding aside, some of the things he does in that video look pretty similar to what he has already done on the field.

I can't believe the rest of the league passed him up.

Reaction score
The way Goodell has made teams accountable for ill behaved players by giving suspensions, teams are so terrified of any guy who has any negativity attached to his name.

Dez just had a perfectly timed controversy and a lack of clear info about exactly what went down, and that combined with typical media exageration gave teams pause about what kind of person he is.

I'm just glad as hell it happened, because without the controversy he's a top 10, maybe top 5 pick. Thanks Deion. :laugh2:

gmb85

Reaction score
Joshmvii;3591610 said:
The way Goodell has made teams accountable for ill behaved players by giving suspensions, teams are so terrified of any guy who has any negativity attached to his name.

Dez just had a perfectly timed controversy and a lack of clear info about exactly what went down, and that combined with typical media exageration gave teams pause about what kind of person he is.

I'm just glad as hell it happened, because without the controversy he's a top 10, maybe top 5 pick. Thanks Deion. :laugh2:
To all the 20-something teams that passed up Dez: What the hell were ya thinking?:lmao2:

gmb85

Reaction score
Joshmvii;3591610 said:

It's nice to know that Deion is good for something...:)

Thomas82

Reaction score
gmb85;3591629 said:
To all the 20-something teams that passed up Dez: What the hell were ya thinking?:lmao2:

gmb85;3591634 said:
It's nice to know that Deion is good for something...:)

And let's not forget to thank the Patriots for making that trade with us. I still get sick just thinking of what a Randy Moss, Dez Bryant, Wes Welker combo would look like. That would have been NASTY!!!