Dez Bryant's Suspension

Illini88228

Reaction score
First of all, I don't follow college football at all, so I'm sure this was a huge deal at the time and I just kind of missed it.

But, since he got drafted I did a little poking around about his suspension last year, and it seems really excessive.

Am I missing something or did the NCAA essentially kick him out of football for a year for lying about hanging out with Deion?

I mean, he should have told the truth, but it's not like he did anything illegal.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Illini88228;3364201 said:
First of all, I don't follow college football at all, so I'm sure this was a huge deal at the time and I just kind of missed it.

But, since he got drafted I did a little poking around about his suspension last year, and it seems really excessive.

Am I missing something or did the NCAA essentially kick him out of football for a year for lying about hanging out with Deion?

I mean, he should have told the truth, but it's not like he did anything illegal.

Evidently there was an agent with them and when asked about it Dez lied. Granted the punishment seemed excessive.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
What a great post at this time. Thanks.

I'll be posting videos of me kicking puppies in the next 15 minutes. Stay tuned...

Illini88228

Reaction score
It was just a question about the guy we just drafted. In fact, if you read my post carefully you'll notice that it didn't seem like he actually did anything that terribly wrong. It's in support of DB. I like the pick. Chill out long enough to read before you snap at people.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
What are you doing?? Don't poke around, just swallow whatever the talking heads feed you! If some equipment manager at OSU said he was late for meetings, just believe it. Don't question it. /end sarcasm

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
He couldn't afford a watch.

The only thing I could afford towards the end of college was Ramen Noodles and beer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jswalker1981;3364299 said:
What are you doing?? Don't poke around, just swallow whatever the talking heads feed you! If some equipment manager at OSU said he was late for meetings, just believe it. Don't question it. /end sarcasm

Funny some equpiment mang supposedly says that and yet others claim different and they are just saying it because they have to. :laugh1:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
From what I gather, the NCAA got the impression that Dez was talking to Potson, an agent, through Deion. Once this happened, an exec for the NCAA took him into a room by himself and started grilling him. Bryant panicked and lied about Deion.

He was suspended for lying not even for talking to an agent.

I really really hate the NCAA.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3364308 said:
From what I gather, the NCAA got the impression that Dez was talking to Potson, an agent, through Deion. Once this happened, an exec for the NCAA took him into a room by himself and started grilling him. Bryant panicked and lied about Deion.

He was suspended for lying not even for talking to an agent.

I really really hate the NCAA.

I'm glad it happened. He wouldn't be here otherwise.

Things happen for a reason as they say.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
The NCAA took a lot of heat over it when the ruling came down. This is going by what we have heard that is all we have but the media hammered the NCAA over this for a reason. Many players have dome worse and got slaps on the wrist it kind of came off as a NCAA over reaction power play.

I wonder if part of it had to do with the Head coach

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo;3364313 said:
The NCAA took a lot of heat over it when the ruling came down. This is going by what we have heard that is all we have but the media hammered the NCAA over this for a reason. Many players have dome worse and got slaps on the wrist it kind of came off as a NCAA over reaction power play.

I wonder if part of it had to do with the Head coach

That nutcase who threw a fit over an article printed about one of his players?

[youtube]aoMmbUmKN0E[/youtube]

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Jon88;3364318 said:

Yes Gundy may be a nut case but OKST has not dropped off at all sense Les Miles has left he is doing something because he is getting good to solid recruits which is hard when you have OK and UT being the two big Dogs

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo;3364325 said:
Yes Gundy may be a nut case but OKST has not dropped off at all sense Les Miles has left he is doing something because he is getting good to solid recruits which is hard when you have OK and UT being the two big Dogs

My brother went to LSU and I went to LSU-Shreveport. Les Miles has been a joke. If it wasn't for his multi-million dollar contract he'd be fired.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jon88;3364318 said:

I loved that presser - gotta love a coach standing up for his players.