Diamonds in the rough

J-DOG

Reaction score
Every TRUE Cowboys fan see's players who can step up and really help the team this next season.
The usual guys mentioned are Beriault,Pettiti,Jones,Canty and Spears.
The are also some guys who are not mentioned who did show well last season also.
I got two and I know you everyone else has a player or two they have thier eye on to see how they develop.
Patrick Crayton
Jacques Reeves
Crayton is almost not mentioned at all anymore with the signing of TO now.
Throw in the fact that we are now going 2TE formation as a base for our offense and he has become invisible all of the sudden.Prior to his ankle injury Crayton was showing very well. He could suprise defenses again this season.
Reeves was seen as a bust by me going into last season. I just did not see him making any improvement. But I was pleasanty suprised by his coverage ability and especially towards the end of the season. Showed he was more than capable in the nickel and dime packages.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Reeves was a pleasant surprise, though far from a diamond no matter how rough the lump of coal. If he continues to develop it looks like we have our 3 starting CBs (nickel) and at least 1/2 of the FS pie down for awhile.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Scott Shanle and Tony Romo are the epitome of 'diamonds in the rough'...and both are on The Answer's list of players to watch in 2006.....stay tuned for more on this....

~The Answer

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
I think Kevin Burnett contributes far more this year than we thought he would. I think he'll end up being the nickel and dime linebacker and will make some big plays for us. Also think Ratliff will contribute a lot in nickel situations. I could see the nickel defense (minus secondary) shaping up like this:

..........Burnett........... James.............

Ware....... Ratliff...... Hatcher........ Ellis
.............(Spears)..... (Canty)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I really like "pepper Johnson's" motor and attitude last year. Always seemed fired up and he could really step it up this year.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The Answer said:
Scott Shanle and Tony Romo are the epitome of 'diamonds in the rough'...and both are on The Answer's list of players to watch in 2006.....stay tuned for more on this....

~The Answer

Sounds strangely familiar to something Nors would say.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Pat Watkins...this guy has all the potential to be an outstanding player

kilz

Reaction score
Kalen Thornton

He was playing well prior to injury last year. I see him pushing some more well known names for PT and getting it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
J-DOG said:
Every TRUE Cowboys fan see's players who can step up and really help the team this next season.
The usual guys mentioned are Beriault,Pettiti,Jones,Canty and Spears.
The are also some guys who are not mentioned who did show well last season also.
I got two and I know you everyone else has a player or two they have thier eye on to see how they develop.
Patrick Crayton
Jacques Reeves
Crayton is almost not mentioned at all anymore with the signing of TO now.
Throw in the fact that we are now going 2TE formation as a base for our offense and he has become invisible all of the sudden.Prior to his ankle injury Crayton was showing very well. He could suprise defenses again this season.
Reeves was seen as a bust by me going into last season. I just did not see him making any improvement. But I was pleasanty suprised by his coverage ability and especially towards the end of the season. Showed he was more than capable in the nickel and dime packages.

So, are you asking us who is the "diamond among the trash"? :confused:

:star:

J-DOG

Reaction score
5Stars said:
So, are you asking us who is the "diamond among the trash"? :confused:

:star:
"Some people talk and some people get hit"-Roy Williams on the Best Damn Sports Show-responding to Emmitt's comments about a diamond being surrounded by trash.
So the answer to your question is no.