Did anyone else know that Bettis was Big Cowboys Fan?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I didn't know that. I was seeing NFL Total Access and he was saying how cried when Cowboys lost to Steelers, Forgot which SB he said though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeah I remember reading/hearing about that back when he was at Notre Dame.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Rack said:
Yeah I remember reading/hearing about that back when he was at Notre Dame.

had to have been SB XXX? if he was at ND.

Otherwise prolly one of the ones in the 70's. IF he cried, id say it was one of those

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

Otherwise prolly one of the ones in the 70's. IF he cried, id say it was one of those

Its one of the seventies for sure. He said he was a kid and his brother was steelers fan, so half the household was happy and other half unhappy :)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

It had to of been from the 70s.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Ummmm...I had not heard that before. Interesting

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Good, maybe he'll throw the game for us:rolleyes:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ELDudearino said:
Good, maybe he'll throw the game for us:rolleyes:

Didn't know that! SOunds like he's a compassionate guy.

What a concept; crying for a Cowboys' loss ...while cashing his check at the bank:rolleyes:
:lmao2:

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
it was one in the 70s, the question is what his first superbowl memory was, he was on the rams during superbowl XXX, plus they showed footage from one from the 70s when he said it

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I can't imagine it was Super Bowl 30 since Bettis was a Ram at that time (he was drafted in 1993, the draft after Super Bowl 27) and the Cowboys BEAT the Steelers.

He would have been six years old when the Cowboys played in Super Bowl 13. And that was the last time the Cowboys lost to the Steelers. Doubt it would have been Super Bowl 10 since he would have been three going on four, and that's a bit too young to be forming emotional attachments to sports teams.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Is my English wrong? :D Didn't I say Bettis "WAS" cowboys fan, not "is" a cowboys fan? So why are some still thinking he is still a cowboys fan.

TDHND

Reaction score
He was with the Rams during Super Bowl XXX then was traded to the Steelers before the next season.