Did anyone notice the increased amount of carries from Rico?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is this something that we continue to do going forward???? This is not a controversial post, just asking a question. Why do you feel he was given more carries, it seemed like he had more than Tony

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I mean according to Bob's post about snap counts against Philthy, he had 28% vs. 72% for Pollard. Are you thinking he had less than 28% in the game before this?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is this something that we continue to do going forward???? This is not a controversial post, just asking a question. Why do you feel he was given more carries, it seemed like he had more than Tony
I think so. As a result Dowdle has done well and Pollard looks better as well but he's also getting healthier.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both are doing a nice job when given some blocking. Tony seems to be regaining some of his explosiveness. I have no issue with a pretty even workload being the norm.
I think ironically Steele and Pollard are looking healthier and as a result the running game has looked more productive. We as fans probably owed Pollard and Steele a little more grace then we gave. I Honestly didn't even think they'd start the year ready to play especially Steele.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean according to Bob's post about snap counts against Philthy, he had 28% vs. 72% for Pollard. Are you thinking he had less than 28% in the game before this?
I'm not thinking that far doom, my mind is on so many other things these days. It just seemed that this game he got more carries, last game it wasn't that many, or as many I should say

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think so. As a result Dowdle has done well and Pollard looks better as well but he's also getting healthier.
It's good to have another runner in there that can keep things going, then bring Tony in maybe as the role he's been playing in past years, which keeps him fresher, and he can break off a big play, who knows

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think ironically Steele and Pollard are looking healthier and as a result the running game has looked more productive. We as fans probably owed Pollard and Steele a little more grace then we gave. I Honestly didn't even think they'd start the year ready to play especially Steele.
It seems like with an injury such as an ACL it actually takes players 2 years to fully come back. That first year back, they have to regain that confidence, and it often shows in their play

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Hundred percent agree. I was never worried about Steele or Pollard...

Jarntt

Reaction score
Carries were 16-12 which is what the discussion has been about, not snaps.
But if you add in catches it's 23-13 which probably is about similar to what we have seen from a ratio perspective

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hundred percent agree. I was never worried about Steele or Pollard...
Yeah I never worried about Pollard. I'm still kind of worried about Steele. But I never thought Steel was good to begin with. Not bad but not necessarily good. But I trust those who know how to evaluate offensive linemen and they seem to like him. But for sure I notice his run blocking is getting back to where it use to.