Did Jerry get his 350? I dont think so...

MONT17

Reaction score
Jerry has been quiet for some time, his thanksgiving charity show is often used as a stage, not one picture/video of the new stadium or a peep out of the Michael Jacksons Father... I dont recall Jerry on the sidelines last thursday, is he hiding... Pam Oliver didnt even get a Jerry interview. Troy pointed out that Jerry looked worried about MB3 n Ware going down but im sure that was all tongue in cheek because we all know he has a payment due December 1.

If he cant get the loan for the 350 million and if he cant liquidate the amount, i hope my childhood hero Roger Staubach can put a group together! Staubach as an NFL majority Owner of the Dallas Cowboys just sounds right and a bit of poetic justice if he was able to buy the Cowboys and fire the GM much like Jerry fired Tom Landry.

do we have an OVER UNDER on the video board... I just hope they play on a real turf and not that BS Jerry got on discount at Texas Stadium.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
MONT17;2455729 said:
Jerry has been quiet for some time, his thanksgiving charity show is often used as a stage, not one picture/video of the new stadium or a peep out of the Michael Jacksons Father... I dont recall Jerry on the sidelines last thursday, is he hiding... Pam Oliver didnt even get a Jerry interview. Troy pointed out that Jerry looked worried about MB3 n Ware going down but im sure that was all tongue in cheek because we all know he has a payment due December 1.

If he cant get the loan for the 350 million and if he cant liquidate the amount, i hope my childhood hero Roger Staubach can put a group together! Staubach as an NFL majority Owner of the Dallas Cowboys just sounds right and a bit of poetic justice if he was able to buy the Cowboys and fire the GM much like Jerry fired Tom Landry.

do we have an OVER UNDER on the video board... I just hope they play on a real turf and not that BS Jerry got on discount at Texas Stadium.

Jerry will get his money once they sell the naming rights.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dude-wait-what.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2455745 said:
Why would Jerry Jones need a Loan for 350 mill ?

He needs a loan to pay for the new stadium. I am not sure on the exact amount, but there was a report a few weeks ago that claimed he was having trouble securing this loan. I heard it on a radio interview while listening to the local affiliate. I think it was either Mosely or Scruggs that was being interviewed.

The field will be artificial turf. There is nothing wrong with the artificial turf they use in the current Texas Stadium. It is the same stuff used in most fields in the NFL. With as much use as the new stadium is going to get with many different events, high school games and college games a real turf would be a bad idea. It would get easily torn up and end up looking like Heinz Field or Arrowhead Stadiums fields. Those are in terrible condition. The new artificial turfs are good stuff. They are better than natural fields because they have a more consistent footing and are easily better than the old Astroturf fields.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MONT17;2455729 said:

Did this make any sense to anyone?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
rofl....

Jerry could finance the stadium completion in cash if he wished. There is zero issue and Jerry isn't selling anything except more ridiculously high priced seats, parking and refreshments.

Hurry and get yours now....

I am sure he would have loved some home playoff game money but c'est la vie. He will have to settle for more Romo and Ware jersey sales this holiday season.

somehow he'll scrimp by.. hahahahaha.

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/60527

Industry watches as Cowboys look for loan

By DANIEL KAPLAN
Staff writer
Published November 10, 2008 : Page 03

The Dallas Cowboys are seeking to borrow $350 million by Dec. 1, according to numerous finance sources, in one of the worst credit environments in the nation’s history.

The club’s proposed deal would refinance $126 million the team borrowed last year through the now-imploded auction-rate securities market, as well as add new debt to cover cost overruns at the team’s $1.2 billion stadium that is set to open next year, the sources said.

“Everyone is looking at the Cowboys’ deal. It is a huge bellwether,” said one finance source. “This is one of the only deals, period, in the market [sports or otherwise].”

Sports debt deals have been nearly nonexistent since the credit markets seized up in September. The Cowboys and New York Yankees borrowed $100 million jointly to fund their concessions startup Legends Hospitality (see SportsBusiness Journal, Oct. 20-26), but no other deals are thought to have closed during this time.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and the team’s lead lender, Bank of America, hosted more than a dozen banks at the suite sales center adjacent to the under-construction stadium in Arlington, Texas, on Oct. 27, offering a deal priced 2.5 percent over the London Interbank Offered Rate, a floating-rate index, sources said.

That rate last week stood at 2.39 percent, translating for the deal into a rate of just under 5 percent, which is low in this market. However, LIBOR has been wildly fluctuating, falling from 4.82 percent on Oct. 10 to last week’s level.

The Cowboys and Bank of America want the other banks to buy pieces of the loan, a process called syndication. The Cowboys and Bank of America declined to comment.

The Cowboys are relying on a few factors to get the deal done. One is the allure of the Cowboys brand. Second, the team has pledged in the proposed deal nearly all revenue lines from the new stadium, sources said. That’s a feature that was common in stadium financing six years ago but disappeared during the go-go years of easy credit, when pledged revenues were lighter.

A third factor is the growth of the Dallas market. During the bank meeting, according to a banking source, Jones pitched Dallas as being second only to Chicago in terms of market size among NFL cities with just one team. He referred to the Dallas Metroplex, which includes Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington.

For the Cowboys, getting out from underneath the auction-rate debt is a pressing concern. They are one of four NFL teams to have borrowed from the auction-rate securities (ARS) market, a market that allowed companies to borrow cheaply and continue to reset the interest rate with auctions of the debt weekly and monthly.

In February, the ARS market seized up, and debt auctions failed, which automatically triggered significant interest rate hikes.

The New England Patriots were faced with paying $15 million to $44 million more per year because of the increase, the team alleged in a lawsuit filed in July against bond insurer Ambac. The Patriots in May refinanced their ARS notes.

The New York Giants had largely been shielded because of an interest rate swap it bought from Lehman Brothers, but it’s uncertain what that firm’s demise means to the team’s finances. Sources said the team, through Goldman Sachs, is studying refinancing its $650 million of stadium debt purchased through the ARS market. John Mara, the Giants co-owner, did not return calls for comment.

The New York Jets, who also did not return calls, had ARS exposure, as well, though it’s unclear if the club still does.

The Cowboys estimated the stadium would cost $650 million when they announced the project in 2004. With $350 million of public funding and $76 million from the NFL, it looked like a choice deal for the team.

The club arranged to borrow at least $450 million through Banc of America Securities for its portion, with the first $126 million through the ARS market. But Jones agreed to cover cost overruns as part of the team’s share, and like many stadiums in this period, the price has spiraled.

The team has not yet secured a naming-rights deal for the stadium, which would bring in additional revenue. The club also could raise as much as $735 million from the sale of personal seat licenses, according to a Fort Worth Star-Telegram report. There are 55,000, 30-year PSLs available at prices ranging from $2,000 to $150,000.

The stadium will seat 80,000 but will be able to expand to 100,000 for special events like the Super Bowl, which Dallas is scheduled to host in 2011.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
http://i305.***BLOCKED***/albums/nn214/writermommy6/StupidPeopleLarge1.jpg

WG5516

Reaction score
MONT17;2455729 said:

Dude why are you so hard pressed on having Jerry fail? You are acting as if Jerry isn't worth millions of dollars. Yeah I'm sure he doesn't want to front the money upfront, but if need be I'm sure he will. And it's not like the stadium wont get completed because it will. Bank of America has a lot of money involved in the stadium as well and they've already said the stadium will be built. Stop reaching dude!

Oh and he was on the sidelines during the game. Once again stop reaching!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Also if you bothered reading the article the loan was not to pay a payment on the stadium etc. It was to refinance the high interest auction bonds that were outstanding as well as have a fund for any overruns the stadium may have

dstew60105

Reaction score
joseephuss;2455785 said:
He needs a loan to pay for the new stadium. I am not sure on the exact amount, but there was a report a few weeks ago that claimed he was having trouble securing this loan. I heard it on a radio interview while listening to the local affiliate. I think it was either Mosely or Scruggs that was being interviewed.

The field will be artificial turf. There is nothing wrong with the artificial turf they use in the current Texas Stadium. It is the same stuff used in most fields in the NFL. With as much use as the new stadium is going to get with many different events, high school games and college games a real turf would be a bad idea. It would get easily torn up and end up looking like Heinz Field or Arrowhead Stadiums fields. Those are in terrible condition. The new artificial turfs are good stuff. They are better than natural fields because they have a more consistent footing and are easily better than the old Astroturf fields.

Where did you hear the field will be artifical turf? I've read it will be a grass field.