Did Kosier get re-injured, was rumor on boards late last night.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I saw a post that said Kosier reinjured his foot in last plays of game and that is seemed more serious than last time. This was late Pacific Time last night, but I don't see anything today.

Was this misinformation, or just lost in shuffle?

Cheers,

LarryCanadian

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Yes, speculation is that it is more serious than his first injury.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JFE in her article today said he resprained the same foot

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Thanks for responses. I just found this on Official Site:

Kosier Back In Boot, Hurd Expects To Play
Posted by jellis at 9/22/2008 1:19 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Starting left guard Kyle Kosier re-injured his right foot on a third down play late in Sunday night's game. He was wearing a walking boot on the foot and seeing trainers during Monday's open locker room period.
He first suffered a hairline fracture in the third preseason game when a Texans lineman came on a bull rush, and missed two starts, only making his return to the starting lineup against Green Bay.
If he should miss more games the job could revert back to utility interior lineman Cory Procter, who did a nice job filling in against Cleveland and Philadelphia. Wade Phillips has said in the past he expects Montrae Holland to compete for a job there, so if he has a better grasp of the offense now he could push Procter.
Wide receiver Sam Hurd said he was cleared by trainers to play in week four against Washington. He made the trip to Green Bay but was scratched the night before the game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yes Wade just said, to start his PC, that Kosier is hurt again and it could keep him out for a bit.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Bad news. Did he return to quickly or was it just a coincidence. I think he returned to soon.

fortdick

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2279441 said:
Thanks for responses. I just found this on Official Site:

Kosier Back In Boot, Hurd Expects To Play
Posted by jellis at 9/22/2008 1:19 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Starting left guard Kyle Kosier re-injured his right foot on a third down play late in Sunday night's game. He was wearing a walking boot on the foot and seeing trainers during Monday's open locker room period.
He first suffered a hairline fracture in the third preseason game when a Texans lineman came on a bull rush, and missed two starts, only making his return to the starting lineup against Green Bay.
If he should miss more games the job could revert back to utility interior lineman Cory Procter, who did a nice job filling in against Cleveland and Philadelphia. Wade Phillips has said in the past he expects Montrae Holland to compete for a job there, so if he has a better grasp of the offense now he could push Procter.
Wide receiver Sam Hurd said he was cleared by trainers to play in week four against Washington. He made the trip to Green Bay but was scratched the night before the game.

Scared me. I thought we were putting Hurd at LG. Is Holland ready? Not that Proctor hasn't proven himself capable, I just wanna see the big guy play.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2279452 said:
Bad news. Did he return to quickly or was it just a coincidence. I think he returned to soon.

I agree. I think this was a case where he rushed himself back too quickly.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Well-I'm glad we made the trade for Holland last month. Jerry has certainly made a number of very good moves this offseason.

Hopefully by this week or next, he'll have the offense down pat. Or at the very least, it'll just make Proctor work harder knowing that Phillips said LG is open.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wade was just asked for a timetable and he said it's going to be a 2-3 week injury for Kyle.

hairic

Reaction score
Holland looks like a puddle of lard. I think you can see how fat he is at around 11:00 in the 4th quarter of the TV broadcast. That fattie behind Wade Phillips is Holland.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
fortdick;2279453 said:
Scared me. I thought we were putting Hurd at LG. Is Holland ready? Not that Proctor hasn't proven himself capable, I just wanna see the big guy play.

scared you ?? what do ya think Sam would have felt like if he had to line his skinny butt up at LG ??

Boysboy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2279467 said:
Wade was just asked for a timetable and he said it's going to be a 2-3 week injury for Kyle.

We have the Skins next week(of course)-that one's not a gimme, but at least we're at home. So injuries or no, we should protect our own territory. Then we have the lowly Bungals the week after, should win that one-although they DID look pretty tough against the defending SB champs)-but at least we have them at home. Then we're @Zona the week after, which won't exactly be a gimme b/c the Cards are pretty tough this year.

So hopefully, he gets back by then.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
hairic;2279468 said:
Holland looks like a puddle of lard. I think you can see how fat he is at around 11:00 in the 4th quarter of the TV broadcast. That fattie behind Wade Phillips is Holland.

That "puddle of lard" bench presses in excess of 500 pounds, all while still being mobile enough to start all 16 games for the Broncos (who require agile linemen for their system) last year...

Nate Newton wouldn't have won any Best Bodies contests either...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LeonDixson;2279452 said:

If it's the same injury - he clearly returned too soon.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Sounds like a different injury. I'm guessing that you start compensating for a little pain because of the fracture and end up spraining something.

I'm no doctor though.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2279452 said:

Very bad news he played one heck of a game last night.;)