did last night Bengals/Fins remind you of us?

malbis030347

Reaction score
watching the Bengals-Fins game and the way it ended I am sure that if we were playing, it would have ended with Romo getting sacked for a safety to end the game and chalk this one up to another all time Cowboy blunders at the worst moment

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
You are sure Romo would get sacked for safety and lose the game? is that a wishful thinking?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Not really. One, Romo likely wouldn't have gotten sacked there. Two, if it had happened to Romo, there would be a media and fan meltdown.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
No, because if Romo ever played as bad as Dalton did last night we'd lose by 20+, not by 2 in OT.
Probably by a lot more than that. If Romo doesn't throw for a single TD along with 3 picks, I don't see how we score a single point.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see that game as an opportunity for more Cowboy-loathing, but it is a pretty good reminder that this is a league of parity and that there are a lot of good teams out there. I imagine the Bengals will find a way to soldier on. That's a pretty good Dolphins team, too, at 4-4.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
So many ways it was weird to watch. They dominate a team and then come out and phone it in. Even the players and Marvin were talking about coming out and keeping up momentum and needing a win so bad. All talk and they blew it. Romo would never sabotage us quite like Dalton did, but it happens in other areas of our team. Not to say Romo doesn't have bad games, but man....Dalton was a jerk to that entire organization last night and he himself was saying he wanted to start performing like an elite QB. Ouch. I know we all feel the Bengals fans pain.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Probably by a lot more than that. If Romo doesn't throw for a single TD along with 3 picks, I don't see how we score a single point.

Pretty much.

If Romo plays as poorly as Dalton did last night this team would be blown out. THey wouldn't have to worry about losing on a safety in OT.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Dalton's performance, or lack of, as well as the way the Bengals lost will be forgotten about in a blink of an eye. Dallas and Romo lose that fashion and it's folklore for years to come both in the national media and in here. It would also retroactively transform into a "big game" for ongoing hater fuel.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Romo's not dumb enough to take safeties especially in that fashion.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The way both coaches went conservative at the end was very Cowboy like. The Bengals were driving the ball down the field with under two minutes left and abruptly stopped once they got inside the Dolphins' 40. They ran 2 off tackle plays and threw an incomplete pass and had to settle for 54yd FG attempt. They made it, but playing for a long FG AND leaving a lot of time on the clock was bad.

Letting the Dolphins drive down to tie the game was very familiar.

Both teams opted to pass on long FGs to win the game and punted in OT. Cincy's kicker crushed the 54 yder in regulation, but was not allowed to attempt a 57 yder to win. If they played for the long FG in regulation, why not have the same confidence to win the game? Miami caught a break with the safety, but giving the ball back to the other team in sudden death OT is usually a mistake.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
watching the Bengals-Fins game and the way it ended I am sure that if we were playing, it would have ended with Romo getting sacked for a safety to end the game and chalk this one up to another all time Cowboy blunders at the worst moment

Yea, that is the kind of ending I have come accustomed to for Dallas.................Yea, I get that most teams will find a way to blow a game here or there, but Dallas is the only team that does it multiple times every freaking season.

We lead the NFL in loses by 3 points or less over the last couple of seasons.

KB1122

Reaction score
I've said before that Dalton reminds me a lot of Romo.