Did last year prepare this team for today?

Gossamer

Reaction score
I was just thinking about how this game came down to the wire this evening and I started to think about last season - thinking about how so many of those games came down to final plays or drives.

When the Giants scored with 1:06 to play, I just knew we were gonna see a last second field goal attempt.

Maybe that's Romo induced, but it also could be that this team is 'conditioned' to last second, come from behind wins (or attempted wins...trying to forget the last skins game).

Last Giants game, this season was over! This Giants game, we're looking for a first round bye.

Just random thoughts from a nut.

OkCowboyFan

Reaction score
I dont think that previous years experience effected whether this team won or lost because our QB (Romo) that was instrumental in todays win was not in the game last year when we lost the close ones. What was instrumental in todays game was the tutelage provided by Sean Payton and Bill Parcells, and most of all by Tony Romo himself.

Tony Romo despite a lackluster effort through 3 and 1/2 quarters still had the confidence to make the throws he needed to thanks to how he mentally prepares for games and the confidence he has in him self.

I think Tony Romo was trying a little to hard to live up to the hype and to beat the Gnats. But when it came to crunch time the real Tony stepped up and provided the leadership that has been ingrained in him and drove us down the field on 2 scoring drives. This in part is due to Parcells using a less conservative playbook than he would with Drew.

If Bledsoe was QB today and did what Romo did on the last two drives I would agree with you but it was Tony getting outside containment to make plays down the field that decided this and while sitting on the bench gives you an inkling of how it feels, until you actually get on the field in that situation and are underfire it doesnt help you.