Did Manning screw up on the Ware sack?

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Looks like Manning saw Ware line up and changed the play. Then Ware goes back out to cover a receiver and Manning makes another change. Then Ware comes back to the line and rushes untouched to make the sack.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Bungarian;1175274 said:
Looks like Manning saw Ware line up and changed the play. Then Ware goes back out to cover a receiver and Manning makes another change. Then Ware comes back to the line and rushes untouched to make the sack.

I guess even boy-geniuses make mistakes sometimes. :D

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Yep, since he calls all of the plays....YES!

superpunk

Reaction score
I think Peyton had confidence that his tackle would pick him up long enough to hit it quick. Glenn doubled down inside. Ware came free. I don't think that's on Peyton, there was no time.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I think it was one of those 90% fake hand gestures that Parcells was talking about. That, or just a stupid play by the left tackle. You know they had to account for Ware on every play, so to let him go free like that makes me think it was just an offensive line mistake.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Again, he calls the plays, the protections, etc. When you look at that play there was nobody out there to pick Ware up. Peyton had seen it and did not call the right protection. The person standing there calling the plays at the line is responsible...end of question

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Bungarian;1175274 said:

...because is Tarik Glenn suppose to get his protection calls from Manning? The obvious response is it was Glenn's fault for doubling down when he should have made sure Ware was covering before turning back inside. Or, was he told to turn inside by one of Manning's calls? We won't know.

dr_hefley

Reaction score
I thought Manning saw Ware, made an adjustment, and tried to throw the ball to the other side. I think he was surprised how fast Ware really is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dr_hefley;1175612 said:
I thought Manning saw Ware, made an adjustment, and tried to throw the ball to the other side. I think he was surprised how fast Ware really is.

According to Manning after the game that is what he said about that play. He knew Ware was coming but was unable to get the pass out quick enough.