Did Romo go back to Tom Brady's style?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Recall last week that we noticed that Romo appeared to go back to his "old style" and mostly ditched the Tom Brady look...

I went to NFL.com and watched the highlights and see if I'm off on this though...did Romo go back to the Tom Brady stand and scan technique a few times?

INT #1 to Polomalu: Romo's standing in the pocket (not much movement) and throws almost flat footed.

INT #2 to Taylor: Romo's standing there, agian, not much movement, again, appears mostly flat footed.

INT #3 to Townsend: Romor drops back, stands, scans, again, appears to be mostly flat footed (not much body movement/hop/etc), throws the Pick6.

Again, maybe I'm seeing what I wanna see and not reading him right but that's whaht it looks like to me... when he's Romo he's moving, he's hopping, he's connecting. When he drops back and stands and scans...few good things happen.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
I hope its that simple....cause if he did he will notice and maybe not do it again............I hope

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I personally thought he could have scrambled more.

Boysboy

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2472477 said:
I personally thought he could have scrambled more.

On that last series when we had a 13-6 lead, I was surprised by how much Romo was just sitting there in the pocket. Honestly-I'm not going to blame Proctor too much for giving up that sack. At the very least, with the game winding down, Romo should have scrambled around.

To me-he's just a different QB in Dec. Was like this in '06, and last year as well.

wafflesyrup

Reaction score
Could be that.

Or could be...

#1 defense
hostile crowd
windy stadium
sleeveless in the cold
brainfart
bad call by Red
bad audible
miscommunication with receiver
Jessica was watching
Aikman and Buck were announcing

calico

Reaction score
I and many of my coworkers also pointed out the "brady" stance he seemed to go back to.

Great coaching staff by the way in trying to fix something that really was not broken.