LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
On the Fan in NY... they are saying he was over the line when he threw TD pass

Anyone got the scoop on this?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
No, Adam posted a definitive picture showing his foot was behind the LOS (15 yard line). His entire body has to be beyond the LOS.

Edit:

11124738168fa8117.jpg

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
NO he did not.

Giants fans are trying to find something to rationalize their loss. They are blaming refs, Romo, and everything but their team's inability win, they simply cannot accept that they got beat in their home, a better team won.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
YoMick;1761257 said:

They're going to say everything they can to avoid facing the truth: Dallas is the better team. Yes, Osi, they are.:eek::

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1761257 said:

I saw the replay several times and from what I saw Romo was right at the line of scrimmage when he threw it not beyond it which makes is a legal pass.

playmakers

Reaction score
Well, whats the exact rule? I know his foot was on the line but everything else was over. I thought he was over but if the rule is your foot then he was ok.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
playmakers;1761395 said:
Well, whats the exact rule? I know his foot was on the line but everything else was over. I thought he was over but if the rule is your foot then he was ok.
According to the Supplemental Note (3) to Rule 8, Section 1, Article 1 of the 2006 Official NFL Rulebook, both the ball and the entire passer's body has to be beyond the LOS. Unless that rule was changed before the 2007 season, it should be still the rule.

(3) The penalty for a forward pass beyond the line is to be enforced from the spot where the ball is released when the passer’s entire body and the ball are beyond the line of scrimmage. This includes either when the passer is airborne or touching the ground.

couchscout

Reaction score
Im pretty sure its not where your body is, but where the ball is released that counts. The ball has to be released behind the LOS. Pretty sure, but not 100%

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
coughlin just said on his PC after reviewing his film tony was not over the LOS and he didn't review it because his guys felt there was no evidence to overturn during the game.

enough of this already.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I re-watched the replay about ten times last night and his foot was clearly behind the line when he let the ball go. If the rule is is his feet it's not even a debate. If the rule is his body or the ball, there's room for debate.

SS

:star:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Coughlin just said at his press conference that he was not over the Line of Scrimmage and he and his booth didn't think they could have overturned it.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
theogt;1761260 said:
No, Adam posted a definitive picture showing his foot was behind the LOS (15 yard line). His entire body has to be beyond the LOS.

Edit:

11124738168fa8117.jpg

In which thread is this picture?

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
If it were illegal they would have told Tom to throw the red flag. They didn't because they saw that his foot was just before the line. The rules are that the ball can cross the line if it is durring a pass but the QB's feet must be behind the LOS. so they can say what they want but it was legal. They are just mad that Romo made there D look silly all day long.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
How about a nice hand for Romo...... lost in that play was the greatness of it..... he has moves and contorts nicely... maybe he takes yoga in between golf and football and women :D

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theogt;1761404 said:
Unless that rule was changed before the 2007 season, it should be still the rule.

I have the 2007 rule book, and it's still the same -- "The penalty for a forward pass beyond the line is to be enforced from the spot where the ball is released when the passer’s entire body and the ball are beyond the line of scrimmage. This includes either when the passer is airborne or touching the ground."

sbark

Reaction score
He Must not have.............or else the Ref's would've called it...........:D