Did Roy play today?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he played, though he didn't get his name called a lot....which isn't exactly a bad thing either.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Biggems;2242838 said:
i do not recall seeing him on the field at all.
He had a nice stop where he knocked a guy out of bounds short of a first down. He also had a tackle after a guy pushed off him for a reception. Of course, the pushoff wasn't called. If Owens slapping a defenders hand away was a push off, that one was too.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Roy did his job. He came in the game made a couple of tackles, and did not allow anyone to beat him deep.

You should never want to hear your S's name being called, or see him on the screen. He did a good job of that, our other safety on the other hand, can't have the same said of him

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i agree.....it is a good thing....

on the few deep passes I saw Henry and PacMan in coverage....so I guess Roy was hugging the LOS

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
he had two solo tackles..

the Browns hardly ran at all today, though..

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999;2242866 said:
Roy did his job. He came in the game made a couple of tackles, and did not allow anyone to beat him deep.

You should never want to hear your S's name being called, or see him on the screen. He did a good job of that, our other safety on the other hand, can't have the same said of him
Yeah, Hamlin should've stayed with Winslow on that TD.

landryscorner

Reaction score
i don't care i'll say it, not having ROy out there on dime and nickel is the best course our defense could of taken, last year it was pivotal for other teams to single him out with good tight ends and speedy slot receivers, I am happy

superpunk

Reaction score
Wasn't that Roy out there today getting bailed out by Edwards dropping a long pass and then allowing a TD to Winslow because he decided to chase to QB?

Oh, that was 26? ;)

jk, Hamlin is alright.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
landryscorner;2242887 said:
i don't care i'll say it, not having ROy out there on dime and nickel is the best course our defense could of taken, last year it was pivotal for other teams to single him out with good tight ends and speedy slot receivers, I am happy

Well it really helped right? I mean instead of our SS getting beat, our CB's and FS was getting beat.

I guess thats an improvement for you huh?

landryscorner

Reaction score
you can thank brian stewart for that, his scheme sucks giving the receivers a huge release off the ball, as far as the whole defense some stunk it up..and yah not having Roy out there is an improvement...thats why the coaches don't have him out there during pass plays, or did you even watch the game??????

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Yup, my friend forgot he'd switched to #38 so didnt see him a few times. But with Roy seems, no news is good news (or at last it's not bad news)

adamknite

Reaction score
He had good coverage on Heiden(sp) when Heiden made that first down catch, but Heiden got a little push, Troy said "he was leaning on Roy" and dove back int he other direction {made a great catch} but Roy had good coverage.

{At least I'm pretty sure that was Roy, somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong}

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
adamknite;2243117 said:
He had good coverage on Heiden(sp) when Heiden made that first down catch, but Heiden got a little push, Troy said "he was leaning on Roy" and dove back int he other direction {made a great catch} but Roy had good coverage.

{At least I'm pretty sure that was Roy, somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong}
You are correct.