Did Spencer suffer a LisFranc as well

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
An injury report states he tore ligaments for the third and fourth metatarsals in a 2003 spring camp.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84726

There are grades of a LisFranc and there are other ligaments in the foot other than the ones that support the tarsals to the metatarsals.

My point is that people who suffer these injuries do come back and play. Those that suffer LisFrancs and other ligamentous injuries as well as those that suffer tendon injuries.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stanback just got his boot off within the last month or so and is reportedly already running a 4.6. Indications are that he still needs a month or two to get back to 100% but the fact that he is already running rather well for someone who has not ran in half a year is a pretty good sign.

On another note the Cowboys doctors have had two horrific misdiagnosis lately in Rogers and Rivera. If not for that i would be very high on Stanbacks future concerning his foot. However i cannot get excited about the guy until i actually see how he is this summer.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
where is the misdiagnosis on Rivera? He blew out a disk while working out a week AFTER we signed him. My sig line tells you what I think of his play, but that one is not on the medical staff.

sago1

Reaction score
Exactly. Our medical staff didn't have anything to do with Riveria's back problem. What was their misdiagnosis re Jacob Rogers'?

rathalarge

Reaction score
I don't know if it's misdiagnosis, more than Parcells wanting a guy to play when hurt (Jacob Rogers) who was tough enough to play with injuries in college, but didn't have the heart to do it professionally. Parcells also gambled on Peterman for this same reason.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Teague31;1489914 said:
where is the misdiagnosis on Rivera? He blew out a disk while working out a week AFTER we signed him. My sig line tells you what I think of his play, but that one is not on the medical staff.

i very seriously doubt that Rivera magically ruptured discs in his back from only running on a tread mill. More than likely there was some arthritic condition or previous damage before he hurt himself. Rogers knees were toast.

The doctors gave them a green light.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1490173 said:
i very seriously doubt that Rivera magically ruptured discs in his back from only running on a tread mill. More than likely there was some arthritic condition or previous damage before he hurt himself. Rogers knees were toast.

The doctors gave them a green light.
Nowhere have I ever read anything about Rivera having any pre-existing condition. That is only speculation on your part.

As for Rogers; his biggest problems were his shoulders which were toast coming out of college. If you want to call that one a misdiagnosis then ok. But after he dinged his knee I don't recall ever seeing him back on the field for the Cowboys. How is that on the medical staff?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
JackMagist;1490194 said:
Nowhere have I ever read anything about Rivera having any pre-existing condition. That is only speculation on your part.

As for Rogers; his biggest problems were his shoulders which were toast coming out of college. If you want to call that one a misdiagnosis then ok. But after he dinged his knee I don't recall ever seeing him back on the field for the Cowboys. How is that on the medical staff?

I am not a doctor but my brother went through a quadruple lamenectomy and he relied on me extensively throughout his recovery. As such I am very familiar with back injuries.

If you want to give the medical staff the benefit of the doubt and assume he had no preexisting condition and then ruptured a disc by simply jogging then that is your choice. I just happen to know that the chances of that are just about nil and choose to go with the higher probability.

As for Rogers, he had been injured several times in college, i was mistaken about saying that it was his knee as it was his shoulder however the point still stands. The medical staff dropped the proverbial soap on that one as well.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
I very surprised with all this talk about Stanbachs' LisFranc that no one has brought up the fact Terry Glen had one a couple of years ago. It hasn't seem to slow him down any. And if someone did bring it up, sorry, I missed it.