did the delay cost Dallas?

mmillman

Reaction score
It was earlier reported 7.5m for Carr but then Finnegan signed for 10M. Carr won't sign for less than Finnegan is the guess.

anava

Reaction score
Jerry was probably to busy showing him his palace. Thinking that would get him.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
It was actually reported that it would be "higher" than $7.5M/year.

ferrispata

Reaction score
I think it is safe to assume we will be paying pretty much around 9.5 -10.5 per year for Carr anywhere from 4-6 years. With around 25 mill guaranteed. And yes we could have gotten him for maybe 8 per year if things progressed faster. This however probably had more to do with Carr's agent holding things up and not Jerry and his crew.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ferrispata;4455410 said:
I think it is safe to assume we will be paying pretty much around 9.5 -10.5 per year for Carr anywhere from 4-6 years. With around 25 mill guaranteed. And yes we could have gotten him for maybe 8 per year if things progressed faster. This however probably had more to do with Carr's agent holding things up and not Jerry and his crew.

:hammer:

Marktui

Reaction score
As was said in another thread, Carr's agents were watching the other CB visits and once word got out that Carr was going to sign with the Cowboys the other teams had to give up more money. I am sure Jerry and Stephen presented a contract offer yesterday, but the agent slowed the review process a bit to see if other teams came in with higher offers.

I think it was well played by the Carr's agents.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
anava;4455351 said:
Jerry was probably to busy showing him his palace. Thinking that would get him.

Actually, Jerry was busy booking The Wiggles for his super palace so he delayed in meeting with Carr.

Aven8

Reaction score
It might be the going rates these days but does anybody want to really pay 10 for a DB not named Revis?

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
The thing I find most amusing is the automatic assumption that GMs are necessarily in a position to dictate timing, outside of giving a "blow them away" offer.

Agents may be scumbags, but most of them aren't idiots.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;4455759 said:
The thing I find most amusing is the automatic assumption that GMs are necessarily in a position to dictate timing, outside of giving a "blow them away" offer.

Agents may be scumbags, but most of them aren't idiots.

this what is getting frustrating to me. the jones bashing is usually hot and heavy anyway and now he's catching blame for crap people are simply making up.

too busy wining and dining him.
too busy showing off the palace.
jones got played again

none of that is "real" or even remotely possible but people make crap up then go out and believe it.

amazing to me.