Did We Ever Take The Cheese

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Boy, I gotta tell ya.

They had me sold. 13-3, solid draft, and a few new coaches coming in to tighten things up.

What wasn't there to get excited about? It was the perfect storm.

But, as we have seen, the players just weren't getting the job done and with the loss of Romo, this team has no chance. The defense has played better in the last couple of weeks but they still make mistakes, miss tackles, penalties galore.

Sloppy play and no passion to sum things up. It appears as though Wade may have been the worst choice for a head coach. He's a wuss and it is rubbing off on the team.

Really, the only hope we have is that Jerry steps in and fires Wade. It has to be done. Better now than wait till the end of an even more disappointing season.

I'll admit, I took the cheese. I guess its convenient that I have so much of it at this point because I really need something to go with my whine. I know I'm not the only one. I'd say about 40 of the players and every coach is right there with me.

Just a little upset though at the fact that my once delicious cheddar is now a rotten moldy brick.

Woods

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what JJ does with respect to the coaches before he brings this team into his new stadium next season.

I do believe that Wade is gone, but I'm torn on whether JJ sticks with Garrett or brings in someone new.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
never saw this kind of season coming...like many, I normally have lofty expectations for the team but my worst case scenario I thought the team would win at least 10 or 11 games, and that our losses wouldnt look like some of the junk we've seen.

Romo obviously makes a huge difference to the team, but Buck and Aikman were right to point out that even before he got hurt we were playing poorly.

Like I said in my other thread, this has the makings of a wasted season.

Woods

Reaction score
dbair1967;2393448 said:
never saw this kind of season coming...like many, I normally have lofty expectations for the team but my worst case scenario I thought the team would win at least 10 or 11 games, and that our losses wouldnt look like some of the junk we've seen.

Romo obviously makes a huge difference to the team, but Buck and Aikman were right to point out that even before he got hurt we were playing poorly.

Like I said in my other thread, this has the makings of a wasted season.

You may be correct, but I really hope you're wrong about this being a wasted season.

I think if we can beat the Commanders after the Bye Week, we can still turn this ship around. If we lose, I think it's over.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
One of the reasons I hated being the "favorite" is that usually, that team never wins the Superbowl.

Who all remembers all those times the Seahawks were predicted to win the Superbowl?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Dallas Cowboys have no chance of getting a wild card spot. There are other goals to take care of first...check it out!

:star:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Woods;2393470 said:
You may be correct, but I really hope you're wrong about this being a wasted season.

I think if we can beat the Commanders after the Bye Week, we can still turn this ship around. If we lose, I think it's over.

The Commanders game is basically it, if we win there's reason for optimism, but I honestly dont see how this team is going to go from what we have seen the last 5 weeks to a team capable of winning on the road vs playoff calibar teams.

They pretty much have to win every conference game the rest of the yr IMO to make the playoffs. Starting with the Washington game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dbair1967;2393448 said:

Before Romo got hurt, we were 4-1 and were in position to go to 5-1 at the end of that possession. We had two double-digit road wins, a nine-point win at home and a four-point win, and our only loss was by two points.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2393550 said:
Before Romo got hurt, we were 4-1 and were in position to go to 5-1 at the end of that possession. We had two double-digit road wins, a nine-point win at home and a four-point win, and our only loss was by two points.

I'm sorry Adam, but this team's record was not indicative as to how they were playing. They could have easily have lost at home to the Eagles and a very bad Bengals team. They played a lackluster game against Arizona. The Cleveland game looked nice on the scoreboard, but even that game the result wasnt a true indication of how well they played, as much as it was Cleveland playing a lousy game. WR's and TE's dropping a half dozen or more perfectly thrown balls is not an example of "good" defense.

5-4 at this point of the season is just inexcusable IMO.

hmcorp

Reaction score
the coaches we lost are leading a 1-15 team to 4-4 right now. and after next week.

5-4...

they play seattle.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2393550 said:
HA great spin. Romo lost to the Skins AND AZ. and was playing rather poorly treating the football like a hand grenade -- stats aside he was a major problem if you had playoff wins as a goal.

his injury in OT was self inflicted by not getting rid of the ball (without fumbles or INTs ) all game.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2393550 said:

Oh come on. Dont spit out some propoganda.

It's clear to anyone who watched the Skins, Bengals, and Cards game that we were not firing on all cylinders.