Did you cry at the Aikman, Smith or Irvin retirement PC?

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I'm 33 years old and I remember crying like a little baby at Troy's. In Emmitt's, I welled up a few times, but I fought the tears off. I never had the opportunity to see Irvins.

Just curious.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
SteveOS said:
I'm 33 years old and I remember crying like a little baby at Troy's. In Emmitt's, I welled up a few times, but I fought the tears off. I never had the opportunity to see Irvins.

Just curious.
ummm....no, i didn't...I can't say I've ever cried over a guy I don't know retiring with millions of dollars...i guess i'm an insensitive jerk.

With Aikman, I was wishing he'd retired before we fired Chan Gailey...he hung on too long and was really crappy.

I saw nothing sad about Emmitt's...he played a little too long as well.

I was more sad over Irvin's injury than the actual retirement.

kmp77

Reaction score
No.....it was just something that got caught under one of my contact lenses that made my eyes water.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cried over Darren's :D

Sad at Irvin's and Aikman's.

Emmitt: More reflective than anything else. Because he didn't completely end his career as a boy, I felt like his two years was as close to retirement without him being retired as he could get.

Gatorgirl

Reaction score
SteveOS said:

Just curious.

It was my allergies...LOL

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
No I didn't cry watching the retirement PC's, but I was watching NFL Films last night and they showed the segment about Emmitt when he broke the record against Seattle (on my birthday :bow: ), and when they showed him on the sidelines huggin Moose, it brought some tears to my eyes.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Ceasaleo88 said:
No I didn't cry watching the retirement PC's, but I was watching NFL Films last night and they showed the segment about Emmitt when he broke the record against Seattle (on my birthday :bow: ), and when they showed him on the sidelines huggin Moose, it brought some tears to my eyes.

Oh man, when E hugged Moose, I completely LOST it. I mean, *insert hulking image of myself*, I dropped my curl bar on my foot and a tear fell out, unexpectedly. Men don't cry, what was I thinking. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ceasaleo88 said:
Now that was a significant moment in Cowboy history that did bring an "awwww" and a smile to my face. Between the Moose hug and the Irvin hug, I don't know which made me smile bigger.

It was one of those moments that I really hated that Troy couldn't be there.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Ceasaleo88 said:

that was special!

QT

Reaction score
I had a tear in my eye when Emmitt broke the record.

jumanji

Reaction score
no...the one that got to me that most was irvin. you can tell it really came from the heart