Did Zeke throw a pass?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe they are counting that play with Wilson at QB where Zeke pitched it to Pollard. That ended in a penalty though. Other than that I don't know what else it could be.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
It was the play that Wilson ran at qb, I believe Zeke pitched it forward to Pollard. There was a hold down field, so the completion stood, spot foul I believe - Cowboys gained 4 yards instead of 8-10.

EGTuna

Reaction score
It was the play that Wilson ran at qb, I believe Zeke pitched it forward to Pollard. There was a hold down field, so the completion stood, spot foul I believe - Cowboys gained 4 yards instead of 8-10.

This is correct because the hold took place beyond the LOS after the “pass” which was a forward pitch (and incidentally a terrific play design).

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It was that play when Wilson was at QB, yes. Zeke pitched to Pollard so it counted as a pass.

Oddly enough they also called a 12 yard Dak-to-Lamb play a rush, so CeeDee lost a 100 yard game and Dak went under 300 yards passing because of it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was that play when Wilson was at QB, yes. Zeke pitched to Pollard so it counted as a pass.

Oddly enough they also called a 12 yard Dak-to-Lamb play a rush, so CeeDee lost a 100 yard game and Dak went under 300 yards passing because of it.
I wondered about that because at one point Dak was over 300.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, that's exactly it. Zeke passed it to Pollard and the play stood because the hold happened downfield after Pollard had gained 4 yards.

Ezekiel Elliott pass complete to Tony Pollard for 4 yards (tackle by Deion Jones). Penalty on Noah Brown: Offensive Holding, 10 yards (accepted)

Notice it doesn't say "(no play)" at the end.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was making a pass on one of the cheerleaders....simple understanding.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. I think I remember the play now. It was close to inside the 20 if not for the penalty if I could recall.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

Phillip Rivers on the Manning show Monday night: ‘Those are ABSOLUTELY passes and count toward passing yards!’

Lol. Rivers is a good dude.