Didn't see the game, but sounds like our OL still sucks

vlad

Reaction score
I usually don't harp on things, but if our OL is even only slightly better than last year we're screwed. Sounds like there was no push, no holes and Romo was scrambling alot. And that's a preseason game where I'm assuming not too many blitzes and stunts were being executed. What's the point in having a back like Julius Jones if there aren't holes? Marion can only smash it into the back of the line so many times...

If we had even a decent line, I see us as likely to go the superbowl as anyone, if our line sucks like last year, I honestly beleive we'll finish last in the NFC east.

Can someone who saw the game please comment on the line play? thanks

burmafrd

Reaction score
everything I have heard says that pass blocking was decent, no more and that the run blocking sucked a softball through a garden hose.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Pass pro was good. Dunno what you are hearing, then again Bledsoe wasn't back there. Run holes need to develop faster.

CowboyShuy

Reaction score
well i saw a little bit on NFL Newtork and i saw stats after the game, Seahawks didnt had a sack, they got pressure but Romo was able to get away, also Romo throws the ball quick right after the snap so that help a little bit (hope bledsoe does the same) in the running game i think the OL was average, Jones had 7 rushes for 14 yards, barber had 7 for 20, Thompson 9 for 29 and kincade 5 for 20, thats a total of 28 rushes for 93 yards. The game will be on today at 5 est on NFL Newtork. But i think the OL did a decent job for a pre-season game.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
everything I have heard says that pass blocking was decent, no more and that the run blocking sucked a softball through a garden hose.
That's the game I watched.

vlad

Reaction score
man, i hope they figure out how to run block, seriously. thanks for the feedback everyone.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
actually Parcells got so pissed at Pettiti during the game that he moved him to WR and then Petitti caught a 50 yard bomb from Romo

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
actually Parcells got so pissed at Pettiti during the game that he moved him to WR and then Petitti caught a 50 yard bomb from Romo
Back away from the bong...Put the bong down and slowly back away...:p:

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Back away from the bong...Put the bong down and slowly back away...:p:

it pains me to know that you didn't see that play

Pettiti ran a fly route and just totally burned Marcus Trufant for a 50 yard holy grail bomb and got like 20 yards after the catch

after that, Torrin Tucker landed at midfield after being dropped off via helicopter

he immediately sprinted to the locker room and then came back out and took a kickoff to the house 101 yards for a TD

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:

Pettiti ran a fly route and just totally burned Marcus Trufant for a 50 yard holy grail bomb and got like 20 yards after the catch

after that, Torrin Tucker landed at midfield after being dropped off via helicopter

he immediately sprinted to the locker room and then came back out and took a kickoff to the house 101 yards for a TD
I was wrong...it's not a bong. You gotta lay off the schrooms.

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:

you're both wrong. rob was actually home with me in new jersey watching the game. that was my older son who wore rob's jersey in the game who stayed at a holiday inn express the night before.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
pittdawg said:
you're both wrong. rob was actually home with me in new jersey watching the game. that was my older son who wore rob's jersey in the game who stayed at a holiday inn express the night before.

now that's sneaky!

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
pittdawg said:

:laugh2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We had the best O line on the field last night from top to bottom.

For the 1st game and only at the end of week 2 of training camp I must say I came away impressed under the circumstances.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
CATCH17 said:
We had the best O line on the field last night from top to bottom.

For the 1st game and only at the end of week 2 of training camp I must say I came away impressed under the circumstances.
I'm more like cautiously optomistic.

I want have a true opinion until I see Bledsoe behind this line. Blocking for Romo is a far different prospect than blocking for Bledsoe.

And that run blocking is still not good...gotta get better in that regard but it can be worked on.

burmafrd

Reaction score
RUN BLOCKING still stinks. And Romo had some very quick feet and good moves or there would have been some sacks.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
after the game was over, Torrin Tucker came out of nowhere and bullrushed Jerry Jones, who was then immediately edited into a papa john's commercial

Iago33

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Bledsoe would have been sacked 2-3 times behind that line. The run blocking was very bad--at times there was only a wall in front of the runners. I couldn't really get a good assessment of any one particular player--but I'm curious if others noticed anything particularly good or bad.

AtlCB

Reaction score
vlad said:
I usually don't harp on things, but if our OL is even only slightly better than last year we're screwed. Sounds like there was no push, no holes and Romo was scrambling alot. And that's a preseason game where I'm assuming not too many blitzes and stunts were being executed. What's the point in having a back like Julius Jones if there aren't holes? Marion can only smash it into the back of the line so many times...

If we had even a decent line, I see us as likely to go the superbowl as anyone, if our line sucks like last year, I honestly beleive we'll finish last in the NFC east.

Can someone who saw the game please comment on the line play? thanks
Be glad that the Cowboys don't have GB's line. No huddle kept showing that stupid game and their linemen were like turnstiles. Brett Favre was getting killed. Jacksonville's OL also got whipped by the Cowboys defense. They gave up six sacks. For the Cowboys, I thought the pass blocking was good and the run blocking was horrendous. BP will have something to work on with the OL.