Didn't the clock hit 2:00 before the first NYG TD?!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The reason I think the defense looked so unprepared for the first TD is because they were expecting the two minute warning to hit. I know I saw the clock at 2:01 and it still wasn't hiked, then they switched camera angles.

Between that TD and the Cruz not finishing the catch to the ground TD, the defense actually didn't do terrible in the TDs it gave up.

The Giants got all the help in the world from the refs to keep it close and still couldn't get it done.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The reason I think the defense looked so unprepared for the first TD is because they were expecting the two minute warning to hit. I know I saw the clock at 2:01 and it still wasn't hiked, then they switched camera angles.

Between that TD and the Cruz not finishing the catch to the ground TD, the defense actually didn't do terrible in the TDs it gave up.

The Giants got all the help in the world from the refs to keep it close and still couldn't get it done.

Dallas cant get caught off gaurd like they did. As for the refs frankly we got some calls I felt could have been called but didn't.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Also that wasnt a first down. I wish I could find the video, no way wilson got the ball past the first down marker so it should have been 4th down. The giants knew that and hurried the play so it wouldnt be reviewed during the 2 minute warning and they caught us.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
From what I heard on the radio. The defense thought it was short and wanted a measurement and the refs instead hurried to get the ball set for the gnats to run hurry up offense. (I agree it was a half yard short or so)

hairic

Reaction score
There was 2:01 on the clock when the snap started to move.

Here it is in Eli's hands:

8RG0Tvc.png

Here's the furthest spot of the ball (to within a few inches, I can't tell). It's underneath both of his hands with the nose of the ball up in his groin, which is a first down:
0LWvn2r.png

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I don't believe so. What I believe happened was the team did or know if it was a first down or not.

The ref pointed first down but they were late moving the chains and the stadium showed 3rd and 1 and the initial spot showed it short.

The defense got caught waiting for the down and distance and somehow they spotted the ball for manning which was insane because it should have been a measurement.

Monte Kiffin said after the game that he didn't get the call to lee in time and know one knew the play called.

visionary

Reaction score
thanx hairic
looks like the gnats caught our D flatfooted, thinking they would wait for the 2 minute warning

smart on their part
we need to be prepared