Difference making DT

Kwyn

Reaction score
Like him
In the 4th I’d look at him really hard
He’ll be long gone by then. I checked about 30 mocks and every single one of them has him gone no later than 32nd overall.

Xavier187

Reaction score
The problem we have is the DTs we are getting aren't what we need. Hankins is solid but not getting younger. The rest of our guys are truly 3techs except Bohanna. This is why I believe Siaki would be the Best DT we could get. I understand some will say Mazi Smith but he is better at the 3tech with his athleticism. Siaki at Pick 58 would be a dream scenario for our entire Defensive line.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Just do like the Vikes did with the Williams boys several years ago. That would stop the run up the gut and get a good push up the middle.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The last difference making DT they had was Glover 20 years ago. And they didn’t draft him.
Ratliff.

I think I, along with everyone else, had forgotten about him as our last difference making DT the last time the topic came around.
And Hatcher had one season in the sun. Good a good contract out of the Skins with it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hankins and Watkins are fine. Resign them and draft a guy and lets roll.
Hankins sure. He has value as a 2 down run stuffer.

Watkins is a JAG. We should have been looking to upgrade him. Why do some here tolerate such mediocrity?

At the end of the day despite the Cowboys saying they need to work on the run D and DL, they are likely going to roll into the 2023 season with the same middling to below average DT rotation they have for the last who knows how many years. It's clear as day that DT is one of the positions they value the least.

The only way they end up with any stud DTs is if they just get lucky has hell that their 4th round draft pick turned into one. That's it. They have shown zero desire to actually pour real resources into the position.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We have one already...ISAAC ALARCON...He's been moved to DT so they feel like they are all set...lol
That's how we've viewed NT's in recent years, any big body can stand and block, hence, Poe and Ridgeway's cut.

Flamma

Reaction score
Love what they’ve done so far but one more trade could really take the D to that special level. I heard rumor yesterday that Deforest Buckner might be available. Go get a guy like that or maybe reunite DQ with Grady Jarrett. If they can get a difference making 3 or 1 tech, they can focus the draft on Offense. Broaduss has mentioned that they have another move up their sleeves, I hope its for a DT.
I'm not going to say zero chance, but this is as close to 0 chance as you can get. You'll get no argument from me. Because a DT like that can make a real difference and is probably worth the cost. But high priced players like that are simply not what the Cowboys do at this point in the offseason. The post right after yours suggested Robinson from the Rams at under half the cost, and the Cowboys don't even do that. I'd be shocked if the Cowboys acquire another player being paid anywhere near the 8-10M range at this point. Let alone the guys you've mentioned.

kskboys

Reaction score
The problem we have is the DTs we are getting aren't what we need. Hankins is solid but not getting younger. The rest of our guys are truly 3techs except Bohanna. This is why I believe Siaki would be the Best DT we could get. I understand some will say Mazi Smith but he is better at the 3tech with his athleticism. Siaki at Pick 58 would be a dream scenario for our entire Defensive line.
Mazi scares me, as he doesn't have the best lateral agility. I wouldn't take him before the 4th. Also has motor issues.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well Jerry just said he thinks we are good at DT. So there's that.

conner01

Reaction score
Not sure that he will fall that far but he is good. Big, physical, and nasty. Watched Baylor a few times last season.
Never know where a guy could go but 4th was a couple sites estimate on him
One thing I liked about him is his negatives, other than arm length is easily fixable and for his size he has really good strait line speed

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Keannu Beaton, Karl Brooks, JT Redmon, the kid from NC State, Pickens... dexter.... lots of good DTackles to be had that you can get with Day2 or Day 3 picks.