CFZ Different Approach

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
I think we have had a nice offseason and are taking a somewhat different approach to combat what the eagles are doing - and I like it.

Our limitation last year was Dak. Moore is gone and MM going to rein in a lot of the freedom and gunslinging that we saw out of Dak. We’ll see more short throws, more easy stuff. And I think that plays to our favor in the NFCE. For years, Tom Brady made a living checking it down or hitting a crossing route. If we scheme up the speed on the roster we can do the same.

The Eagles have a ton of beef in the middle. Hope those boys like to run. Sweep to pollard. Swing to pollard. Screen to cooks. Reverse with Lamb. Check down to Deuce. For this we needed better blocking out of our TEs. Dak got in trouble last year when people got in his face up the middle. This new offense both negates that and neutralizes a strength of Philly.

Then on the defensive side of the ball - beef up the middle. That’s what we did (with both Mazi and Fehoko). Keep the LBs clean. Add speed (overshown). No more college offense from hurts - he’ll have to throw it (into a much improved secondary).

Y’all can be gloom and doom - I see a cohesive strategy to build a football team that matches up well against teams we need to beat and can travel to any environment.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice write up.
I see a team that improved overall. Some may not agree because it was not flashy nor sexy, FA as well as the draft.
But is was solid and sometimes that is all that is needed. Plug the holes and improve as well in areas.They did that including coaching staff.

They did not lose any player that was significant and those lost were easily replaced.

Also I feel we gained a lot more than other NFC teams. Philly has it love fest from the fans and media. Let them. They still lost more than they gained. Same for SF. Even Kiper said SF had the worst draft.

we gained, they both lost. However it still needs to be seen on the field.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Forgot about Turpin. If he makes the team, there’s another wrinkle to the offense.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think we have had a nice offseason and are taking a somewhat different approach to combat what the eagles are doing - and I like it.

Our limitation last year was Dak. Moore is gone and MM going to rein in a lot of the freedom and gunslinging that we saw out of Dak. We’ll see more short throws, more easy stuff. And I think that plays to our favor in the NFCE. For years, Tom Brady made a living checking it down or hitting a crossing route. If we scheme up the speed on the roster we can do the same.

The Eagles have a ton of beef in the middle. Hope those boys like to run. Sweep to pollard. Swing to pollard. Screen to cooks. Reverse with Lamb. Check down to Deuce. For this we needed better blocking out of our TEs. Dak got in trouble last year when people got in his face up the middle. This new offense both negates that and neutralizes a strength of Philly.

Then on the defensive side of the ball - beef up the middle. That’s what we did (with both Mazi and Fehoko). Keep the LBs clean. Add speed (overshown). No more college offense from hurts - he’ll have to throw it (into a much improved secondary).

Y’all can be gloom and doom - I see a cohesive strategy to build a football team that matches up well against teams we need to beat and can travel to any environment.
Imagine thinking our offense was held back because of dak.

CCBoy

Reaction score
For a comparison, Bellichick invested into a number of mid ranged guards and a cornerback. Bet he hits on his efforts.

Dallas will be much more effective right up the middle of the defense. That relates to stronger short yardage effect and better Red Zone performance. That is better.

The defense was improved at defensive end, linebacker, and defensive back depth. Good indicators of focus. I have even stronger respect and faith for the current Defensive Coordinator now....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles have a ton of beef in the middle. Hope those boys like to run. Sweep to pollard. Swing to pollard. Screen to cooks. Reverse with Lamb. Check down to Deuce. For this we needed better blocking out of our TEs. Dak got in trouble last year when people got in his face up the middle.

Good post!

Like I just said in another thread, the fact Schoonmaker was drafted and not O'Cyrus Torrence should really tell people something.

roarr

Reaction score
Nice write up.
I see a team that improved overall. Some may not agree because it was not flashy nor sexy, FA as well as the draft.
But is was solid and sometimes that is all that is needed. Plug the holes and improve as well in areas.They did that including coaching staff.

They did not lose any player that was significant and those lost were easily replaced.

Also I feel we gained a lot more than other NFC teams. Philly has it love fest from the fans and media. Let them. They still lost more than they gained. Same for SF. Even Kiper said SF had the worst draft.

EXACTLY. It's 100% clear the Eagles are worse right now than last year. Lost both starting safeties. Their best LBer. Starting guard. Their BEST defensive player (Hargraves -- he opened everything up for Graham and Reddick to have career years). They have five key contributors who are 33 or older. Cox, Johnson, Kelce, Graham, and Slay). Those are five of their top ten-12 best players. Their draft looks good to replace the Dline production perhaps, but that's still downgrades at LB, Oline, Saftey unless someone steps up.

Plus both coordinators. And the Georgia thing? My prediction is that it implodes. You got a bunch of college bros, who are being celebrated as the next coming, before they earned their stripes. They party too much and never develop. Could happen for sure. It's a bigger risk than taking players from multiple places and making them earn their place.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nice write up.

Nice write up? His #1 point was completeLy wrong. Lol

useless take.

but then again You agree with him. You want dak gone too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
EXACTLY. It's 100% clear the Eagles are worse right now than last year. Lost both starting safeties. Their best LBer. Starting guard. Their BEST defensive player (Hargraves -- he opened everything up for Graham and Reddick to have career years). They have five key contributors who are 33 or older. Cox, Johnson, Kelce, Graham, and Slay). Those are five of their top ten-12 best players. Their draft looks good to replace the Dline production perhaps, but that's still downgrades at LB, Oline, Saftey unless someone steps up.

Plus both coordinators. And the Georgia thing? My prediction is that it implodes. You got a bunch of college bros, who are being celebrated as the next coming, before they earned their stripes. They party too much and never develop. Could happen for sure. It's a bigger risk than taking players from multiple places and making them earn their place.
Disagree. Eagles will be very good again. Offense will be more explosive and better.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice write up? His #1 point was completeLy wrong. Lol

useless take.

but then again You agree with him. You want dak gone too.
Wrong
I did not say I wanted Dak gone in my post. As well the OP mention a possible solution to help Dak be better.
I was agreeing.
Go back and read it again. Twice if you must.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wrong
I did not say I wanted Dak gone in my post. As well the OP mention a possible solution to help Dak be better.
I was agreeing.
Go back and read it again. Twice if you must.
Here we go with the lies again. Your exact quote

”if you cared about winning you would want dak gone too”

I’ve read it many times and quoted it several times.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here we go with the lies again. Your exact quote

”if you cared about winning you would want dak gone too”

I’ve read it many times and quoted it several times.
That was said months ago in a different thread. And about a different topic. Stop lying what I posted in this thread.
Do you have all my posts copied so you can cherry pick and apply them when not needed.
Crap, talk about stalking someone.

Read it many times…I posted in once…look at who is lying….

garyo1954

Reaction score
This is more about what we want to do than about what the Eagles do.

“This is the logical step to build on and use what we’ve established,'' said owner Jerry Jones, giving free rein to McCarthy to make the changes as he sees fit. “This is the time for us to build on it.''

I used this article earlier to help explain why it helps Dak and the lineman......

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...fix-coach-mike-mccarthy-aaron-rodgers-packers

You might also check out hos it may be key to getting Gallop back in his groove.....

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...mike-mccarthy-west-coast-offense-dak-prescott
Sure there are going to be bumps in the road. And sure, there are going to people here who use those bumps to prove, "BigMac is a bad coach, the team took some steps back, they knew this was going to happen on draft day," and whatever else they can think up.

In spite of Booger not being the epitome of a football mind, I agree.
There appears to be few negatives from the offensive standpoint throwing short horizontals, slants, and routes that take no time to develop.
Dak gets the call out faster, the lineman aren't straining to hold their blocks, etc.
It will make for an interesting season.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Perhaps someone in real estate can offer them a good deal on a large white mansion for party purposes. :thumbup:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"OK here's what they did. Now let me try to rationalize it into why it's brilliant."

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Nice post. My only correction would be to your statement about Dak being our limitation "last year". I would replace that with "several years."

CCBoy

Reaction score
"OK here's what they did. Now let me try to rationalize it into why it's brilliant."
A lot of quality in football is built and grown on simple stuff delivered with maximum intensity and coordinated. Oh, you bet I will listen to what is now very good leadership on and off the field,

In Rugby the 'Bladder Award' , a deflated rugby ball, was awarded to the biggest arse at the party and drinking following a game or tournament. One had to carry it around for a whole week and no one on the team better catch you not carrying it!

Myself, I played on the Fort Knox Post Team while stationed there in the 3rd ACR.

Ever win a 'Bladder Award?'

visionary

Reaction score

Sounds good but doesn’t work

2 years back we played TB to open the season. Vita Vea was there so we ran on the edges and scored a lot of points. Everyone applauded KM for his great game plan. We again played them in the playoffs and they beat the pants off us. Their LBs said after the gabr that they knew we could not inside and would run outside so they prepared for it and shut it down. Running outside only works if you also run inside effectively which we cannot with our current set up against Philly or Giants or SF.

Sounds nice but won’t work. Need a real starting quality number 2 RB or we will be toast in the playoffs as usual