Diggs expected to start camp on PUP

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The news about Diggs is expected. Once the team has a chance to see exactly what he can or can't do on the field it's the safe call.
While Diggs will open camp on the PUP list, club officials are optimistic that defensive tackle Mazi Smith (shoulder surgery) and tight end Luke Schoonmaker (hamstring) could be cleared to participate. Both will likely have their participation restricted when the team gets underway later this week.
This is big news! And very good news to hear. Both Mazi and Schoon need a full training camp.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It can take up to a year for a pro athlete to get back. At worst, I think we see him by late September, early October.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is expected and I wouldn't be suprised if he starts the season on PUP but really hope not.
As early in the season as he was injured, I’m somewhat surprised he’s not close to a full go. He was injured on September 21, 2023 so it’s been a full 10 months. I’m sure they want to be cautious with him. If he’s not ready by the season opener, I would be a little concerned as to how well he’s coming back from that injury.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Why should anyone care about PUP at the start of TC? Diggs will be in prime form to start week 1.
I think most of us would be reasonably satisfied with that. Rushing an early comeback would be risky. It's best to be cautious.

John813

Reaction score
I know tears are not the same and recoveries vary for each athlete, but still don't get how Steele was cleared for TC after a tear in December but Diggs tore his months earlier and may start on PUP

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The news about Diggs is expected. Once the team has a chance to see exactly what he can or can't do on the field it's the safe call.

This is big news! And very good news to hear. Both Mazi and Schoon need a full training camp.
This is what I figured would happen all offseason. Either all 3 would be on PUP or a combination of all 3. But only for a short time. Or be on the sidelines with the trainers for the 1st week or so.

Diggs being the most likely to be on PUP. I would not doubt he misses most of TC as a precaution. Being activated the last week or few days, but still no real practice. Until they get back to The Star with closed practices.