Twitter: Diggs, Zeke, Smith, and Randy Are All Expected To Play

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On NFLN just now they said all 3 expected to play.

But for NE, the right side of the OL will be out. And one of the starters on the left side came off the reserve list yesterday but has not practiced in 2 weeks.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hate to say it but, its time to draft a LT. Smith is a freak of nature however, 10 years has taken a toll.
They have developed Steele and drafted Ball. We will be ok at tackle. Now if a quality left tackle falls in our laps then draft one.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Let's just make it to the bye week and go from there. I'm hoping we come from this game fairly injury free and get ready to crush the rest of the season.

Creeper

Reaction score
Here we go.

I agree with him. The Cowboys need to think about the future of the OL. Smith might have a few more years in him but these neck injuries are becoming a regular occurrence for him now. Moose Johnston and Michael Irvin both retired because of neck issues. It can happen to Tyron Smith too.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Hate to say it but, its time to draft a LT. Smith is a freak of nature however, 10 years has taken a toll.

I wouldn't be against it.

That said, that's not the Cowboy Way.

What's more likely to happen is Tyron will announce his unexpected retirement in the next few years and we'll be caught off-guard and pigeon-holed going into the draft.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
They have developed Steele and drafted Ball. We will be ok at tackle. Now if a quality left tackle falls in our laps then draft one.

Steele can play RT and Collins could eventually transition to LT. Steele could possibly transition to LT. Ball could possibly play LT in the future. Connor Williams played LT in college right? He might be more natural at that position, who knows and McGovern could take his spot at LG. Lots of options in-house and meanwhile there's no guarantee that Smith can't play at least a few more years. At some point though if the pick is there we will probably draft another tackle. We've been crushing drafts lately, I'll leave it up to the brainpowers to get this one right.