Digital Camera purchase help

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
OK.. I'm about to invest in a digital camera, but I am having trouble finding and deciding on one. Looking for the following features...

5 to 8 MP
pic storage.. CD/Floppy/Compact flash/ or memory stick (at least two types)
3x to 12x digital zoom
lightweight but not cheap looking - prefer the look of a professional camera
Price range - 299.00 to 600.00

I use to have a Sony Mavica and loved it - until it was stolen when I moved. I'm a bit bias towards Sony. Most of my electronics including DVD, VCR, TV, Home Theater Stereo system and Camcorder are all Sony and I'm about to get a Sony 42" HDTV...

Anyone have any preferences or ideas that they think I might be interested in???

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
OK.. I'm about to invest in a digital camera, but I am having trouble finding and deciding on one. Looking for the following features...

5 to 8 MP
pic storage.. CD/Floppy/Compact flash/ or memory stick (at least two types)
3x to 12x digital zoom
lightweight but not cheap looking - prefer the look of a professional camera
Price range - 299.00 to 600.00

I use to have a Sony Mavica and loved it - until it was stolen when I moved. I'm a bit bias towards Sony. Most of my electronics including DVD, VCR, TV, Home Theater Stereo system and Camcorder are all Sony and I'm about to get a Sony 42" HDTV...

Anyone have any preferences or ideas that they think I might be interested in???

I suggest a quality webcam... buy it... have a few beers... get online and contact me via yahoo... I'll check your settings there... :D

Get a Sony of course... ;)

Reaction score
I'm w/ you on the Sony stuff.

We own 2 Sony TV's, 3 Sony puters, a 200 disk CD changer, and a mid-range Sony dig camera.

Although I've had 1 or 2 minor probs w/ the computers, I pretty much look for Sony first when it comes to electronic purchases.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I suggest a quality webcam... buy it... have a few beers... get online and contact me via yahoo... I'll check your settings there... :D

Get a Sony of course... ;)

been there, done that with you already... ;)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
They make WIDE-ANGLE lenses for those things now!!??

:p:

trust me... she is a long tall sally... no need for wide angle...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
trickblue said:
trust me... she is a long tall sally... no need for wide angle...

Thank you TB..

By the way...

A funny thing happened on my way to get a digital camera...

I bought a RCA 52" Widescreen HDTV Stereo Television and a matching RCA Surround sound 5 disc DVD home theater instead

I'm enjoying this much more than the digital camera. When they say "crank it up" during the races.... WOOOOOO

Can't wait for football season... it's gonna be awesome to watch next season

but i'm a bit more broke now....lol

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Thank you TB..

By the way...

A funny thing happened on my way to get a digital camera...

I bought a RCA 52" Widescreen HDTV Stereo Television and a matching RCA Surround sound 5 disc DVD home theater instead

I'm enjoying this much more than the digital camera. When they say "crank it up" during the races.... WOOOOOO

Can't wait for football season... it's gonna be awesome to watch next season

but i'm a bit more broke now....lol

Based on your initial post. I'm gonna guess that you may have went over your $299-$600 budget.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
Based on your initial post. I'm gonna guess that you may have went over your $299-$600 budget.

Just a tad bit over... But I couldn't resist... it was on sale for $300.00 off

I moved all my Sanyo stuff upstairs to the master bedroom and decided to redo the downstairs

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
It's always nice to get new toys eh.

Don't know if you've seen football on HDTV b4, but it's AWESOME!

Congrats on your new purchase, and enjoy!

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Not that it matters here but the most important thing to look for in any electronics...where it's made. Japan, Singapore = Very good quality. China, Phillipines, Malaysia = Buyer Beware. Hate to trash the third world countries but in electronics there are those that know how to make a good product and those that just make a product.

Count me as a Sony fan as well...