Dime package

zack

Reaction score
For those who have noticed, was this the first time using this defense against an opponent this year? I don't recall the annoucers making a big deal about it in the past. Madden made a big deal and identified it.

I would have assumed that they would have used this against the Pats, but not sure. What ever the case may be, it seemed to work pretty good against the Eagles. Are we employing this against the Giants this week? I should hope so.

silverblue

Reaction score
yes, we have used it before sparingly, but might more now since we have more healthy DBs now. It is effective against pass-first teams so it will be good against green bay, but probably not the giants. The giants have been relying on their running game to get them through and have big bruiser back who would eat up little DBs coming up for run support if he makes it past the line.

Against the gieants we will play mostly base, with roy and or hamlin up. With newman and henry healthy we will leave them out there on plax, no problem.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
We've used it since the first week of training camp.

I may be wrong, but I believe we've used it in every game this season. Sometimes, it appears, more often than nickel packages.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think they will go with what is working. Right now they are getting enough pressure with the base and are stopping the run. When they do that then they can throw special packages at em. If NY opens pass happy they'll throw something at it.

I'm hoping we get decent weather and can throw the ball. I think we can neutralize NY's rush enough to dictate to them and not the other way around.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I strongly believe this is how we would open the game if we ever play the Pats again...I think Wade was completley blowing smoke when he said "you try to stop the run and force the Pats to throw". I think he knew that you WILL NOT beat the Pats twice in one year...so give them your best shot when it counts. Not saying we did not TRY to beat the Pats. But our approach was so STUPID, one can only assume we would never do it again. Think about it....Ellis on Welker? You have got to be kidding me.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
In madden I would just audible and run up the gut playing against a Dime Defense:laugh2: ..