Directv question???

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Sorry mods....can you leave this for a few minutes so I can get an answer...

I'm going to upgrade to the new Hughes HD with DVR box...looking on the Directv website they have a new superfan option at $99 where you can get over 100 games in HD.

So does this mean that I will not get any games in HD, unless I buy the Superfan option as well??? With the understanding that if my local channel has it in HD I can get it there, but I live in Portland, so really not an option for most games....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
That is correct. You will only get them in HD if you buy the extra package or they are shown local. If they are shown local they are blacked out on the dish channel anyways.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
That is correct. You will only get them in HD if you buy the extra package or they are shown local. If they are shown local they are blacked out on the dish channel anyways.

OK...that sucks! $10.99 more per month for HD, then another $99 to actually see them in HD...%&*$@#&$!!!!!

Nerm

Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a DTV question too. Do they ever have better deals on the Sunday Ticket package? I'm going to order it, but I was wondering if the price ever gets better closer to the season or if the $ just stays the same. Is there a way to get a better price?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Its better to order it early. I think at this point the sale price for Sunday Ticket is gone.

Never hurts to call though.

I do know that the offer a discount about halfway through the season, but obviously you will have missed half the season.