Dixie Chicks' Laura Lynch Founding Member Dead

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Head-on collision :thumbdown:

I am terrified these days on two-lane roads with no divider. People are too distracted playing on phones, inebriated, etc, etc.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Head-on collision :thumbdown:

I am terrified these days on two-lane roads with no divider. People are too distracted playing on phones, inebriated, etc, etc.
It wasn’t a distracted driver. It was an idiot trying to pass another car.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
That's tragic and sad news to hear. I liked some of the Dixie Chicks stuff, never saw them live tho. Back in the 90's I was Bar Mgr at place where we did live music 4-5 nights/week. The GM that did the bookings gave me a stack of demos to listen to, we'd get tons of demos and one of them was from the original Dixie Chicks lineup. We did a lot of regional acts, all kinds of genres but mostly Americana, type stuff, Robert Earl Keen, Joe Ely, etc., so thought they would fit in. The GM told me that Lloyd Maines' daughter, Natalie, had just joined the group and they were getting a lot of buzz and might be too late to get them. Sure enough, started seeing their names everywhere and they blew up shortly after that.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
This happened in a pretty remote spot out in West Texas. I wonder if she had property or livestock out there. I think it's a pretty area, but a remote and harsh place to spend time.

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is so tragic. I remember going to a bake sale at sons of Herman hall where the Dixie Chicks were playing. Jeez, had to be 89?

Just awful. I was and am a fan.

Hardline

Reaction score
They also gained a lot of fans from the other side, and continue to consistently sell out their concerts.
They didn't gain anymore fans than they did before. They lost popularity. What other side are you talking about?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
As far as Albums sales go they have been declining since the late 90s. Those first few Albums sold in the millions now they are lucky to break 100,000.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If you weren't a fan of someone before they did something stupid,you wouldn't be afterwards.
Show me the 10 Longhorns I thought were sure fire first rounders.
That’s what I thought…nothing.

Country bumpkin logic.

Big_D

Reaction score
I was a fan of the Dixie Chicks. The name change was just a terrible idea.