DMN: Blog: A frightening sight

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
A frightening sight

9:41 PM Sun, Dec 16, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer

Let me first say this: Cory Procter held up fine in the middle of the line, and the biggest problem really wasn't any fault of his.

But man, did that look like a different group without Andre Gurode in there and, if anything, that should be the clincher for Gurode to make a repeat trip to Hawaii. Whether communication was off, or the group was sliding or switching right, there were problems that allowed rushers to come free at Tony Romo and those problems are usually a result of either A) numbers problems or B) a lack of cohesion up front.

In the locker room after the game, all the linemen lauded the effort of Procter. And he was put in a tough spot, no doubt. Still, it's no coincidence that the Cowboys gave up a season-high four sacks today, and all of them came after Gurode exited in the middle of the third quarter.

"It’s a different situation," veteran Flozell Adams said. "But we all practice and play together. I speak for everybody on the offense line when I say, we have no doubt in Procter. He can make the same calls. We’ll be alright."

How it happened

9:55 PM Sun, Dec 16, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer

Just so we cover our bases here, this is how Andre Gurode described his injury, which came on a third-and-3 at the Eagle 5 in the third quarter:

"We were in the red zone, they ran a twist and one of the defensive ends was stunting, coming inside towards the center position," he said. "I think he may have tripped or something, and he rolled into my knee."

Gurode will have an MRI in the morning. But as we posted earlier, the expectation is that this is a sprain and he'll be ready to go in Charlotte.

Woods

Reaction score
Let's all hope Gurode is ready to go next week!