DMN Blog:A trade for Jon Kitna doesn't make sense for Cowboys

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
A trade for Jon Kitna doesn't make sense for Cowboys
3:47 PM Mon, Oct 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
There is speculation that the Cowboys and Lions could be working on a trade that would bring Jon Kitna to Valley Ranch.

I'd be stunned if such a deal went down before tomorrow's trading deadline.

1. By the time Kitna got anywhere close to comfortable with the Cowboys' offense, Tony Romo should be ready to return.

2. Kitna is banged up himself at the moment. He missed the Lions' loss to the Vikings yesterday with a back injury that's expected to keep him out another week or two.

3. I'm not sure Kitna, who made some rather critical comments about the Dallas defense a couple years ago, would be embraced in the Cowboys locker room.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Put this in the "Well no ****" file.

Can't the DMN find a decent blogger for the most popular sports team in America?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I cant believe this is being taken seriously.

I think we should have traded jerry for matt millen.

comments...thoughts?

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2335158 said:
A trade for Jon Kitna doesn't make sense for Cowboys
3:47 PM Mon, Oct 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
There is speculation that the Cowboys and Lions could be working on a trade that would bring Jon Kitna to Valley Ranch.

I'd be stunned if such a deal went down before tomorrow's trading deadline.

1. By the time Kitna got anywhere close to comfortable with the Cowboys' offense, Tony Romo should be ready to return.

2. Kitna is banged up himself at the moment. He missed the Lions' loss to the Vikings yesterday with a back injury that's expected to keep him out another week or two.

3. I'm not sure Kitna, who made some rather critical comments about the Dallas defense a couple years ago, would be embraced in the Cowboys locker room.

See, the back injury makes me suspicious. If you are planning on trading someone, you certainly don't want them playing. Everyone knows back injuries are often undetectable. In other words, this could be a bogus injury while they attempt to trade him.

He would be a better backup than Bollinger next year.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I don't know if a trade for Williams makes sense after the events of today.

links18

Reaction score
Maybe Kitna can get on the defenses case in practice. Or at least the D may get energized by trying to kill him in practice and it can carry over into the game?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This only makes sense if Romo is hurt more than the team is letting on.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
zrinkill;2335199 said:

This makes about as much sense as bringing in Culpepper. This is wishful thinking on the Lions' part ... and posters like you.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2335188 said:
Kitna sucks.

El nail-o....................if he came here, It would have to be because every QB that ever played the game was at an indoor picnic and the joint burned down killing them all............

I'll take Johnson for 500.00, Bob.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2335216 said:
This makes about as much sense as bringing in Culpepper. This is wishful thinking on the Lions' part ... and posters like you.

:confused:

I cannot stand Kitna and have never bad mouthed Tony.

I think you need to troll up on someone else "Donky"

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
zrinkill;2335351 said:
:confused:

I cannot stand Kitna and have never bad mouthed Tony.

I think you need to troll up on someone else "Donky"

I've got something you can troll on. I'm just saying bringing in Kitna makes no sense.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2335405 said:
I've got something you can troll on. I'm just saying bringing in Kitna makes no sense.

No you said "posters like me" ..... and I have been one of Romo's most ardent supporters.

You are right ..... It does not make sense ..... I only said the only way it would make any sense is if Romo is hurt worse than they are letting on and they need a capable backup to a 40 year old QB.

Personally I think its all bullcrap ..... Romo would be back before anyone we brought in could be effective.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Trading for Kitna makes no sense for any team in the NFL right now. It makes sense for the Lions to want to get rid of him and get something in return, but there are no teams actively looking to acquire Kitna.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
zrinkill;2335199 said:

Mort and Young on ESPN just said they are suprised this kind of injury is taking 4 weeks. Mort said he asked QBs in the league, and Young said Romo should be able to play with it taped with his other finger. Starting to sound fishy.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
zrinkill;2335419 said:
No you said "posters like me" ..... and I have been one of Romo's most ardent supporters.

You are right ..... It does not make sense ..... I only said the only way it would make any sense is if Romo is hurt worse than they are letting on and they need a capable backup to a 40 year old QB.

Personally I think its all bullcrap ..... Romo would be back before anyone we brought in could be effective.

I totally agree with that. Thats why the Kitna trade doesn't make sense. I would rather have Johnson, Bollinger or even Bartel come in and play. They don't need the ramp up time that Kitna would need.