DMN Blog: At Practice... Eagles Fans are Creative... Donovan Guarantees Win?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
At practice ...

The Cowboys rolled out the speakers for today's practice -- Journey's "Don't Stop Believin" was mixed in with a bunch of rap -- and had near-perfect attendance for a shorts-and-shells workout. WR Terry Glenn, again, was the only keeping the entire roster from having checkmarks.

And that brings us to, yup, CB Anthony Henry. He was there again and did a little bit more than we saw yesterday. He was participated in secondary drills, but not as a DB.

Henry was actually serving as a scout-team receiver, in work that looked like a walkthrough. And he was alternating, as Jacques Reeves, Anthony Henry and Nate Jones took the reps at corner.

Posted by Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 1:42 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (3)

Iggles fans sure are creative

There was a rather interesting T-shirt hanging in Tony Romo's locker today. I'll go out on a limb and say that it was designed by a Philly fan, and the cheap cotton-polyester mix wasn't the only hint.

There was a picture of Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes fame, not Lucky) relieving himself on a star with a 9 in it. Printed in green letters above the picture: DALLAS SUCKS. Below the picture: ROMO'S A [inappropriate word that rhymes with Romo].

The T-shirt didn't get much of a reaction from Romo when he saw it. He rolled his eyes and tossed it on the pile of clothes in his locker.

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:24 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (8)

Practice report

Here's the way the Cowboys saw practice ...

OUT: WR Terry Glenn (Knee)
LIMITED PARTICIPATION: CB Anthony Henry (Ankle)
FULL PARTICIPATION: FB Oliver Hoyte (Neck), LB Justin Rogers (Calf)

Posted by Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:49 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (0)

Did Donovan McNabb guarantee a WIN?

You be the judge. Check out the excerpt from "It's On!", a post from McNabb's yardbarker.com blog.
I also will make sure my guys are ready, prepared, and fired up to get this WIN.​
Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:59 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (3)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn't grab the blog by Ellis? Shame on you. That was hilarious.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1739670 said:

You be the judge. Check out the excerpt from "It's On!", a post from McNabb's yardbarker.com blog.
I also will make sure my guys are ready, prepared, and fired up to get this WIN.​
Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:59 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (3)

Bulletin board material is always nice to look at-Thanks McChunky!:D

TonyRomo#9

i know right? what if they put a plate of tainted cupcakes infront of leonard davis's locker?!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i would laugh my butt of if romo warmed up in the "romo's a homo" shirt :D

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
theogt;1739670 said:

It's On!

submitted by DonovanMcNabb 46 hours ago
As we prepare for a very important week, you can't help but reflect on the exciting and down to the wire games that both the Eagles and Cowboys have been apart of. Here we have two teams that desperately need this game. What more can you ask for?

This gives us the opprotunity to move to .500 and, to be honest, who cares what it means for them? After last week's game I saw a team with fire and passion, not to say we never had it. There was so much energy in that locker room that you felt this team was ready to put the past behind, tighten up the chin straps tighter and get on the grind.

I feel every week that health wise I'm getting better. I will continue to strenghten and rehab to get to where I once was and better. I also will make sure my guys are ready, prepared, and fired up to get this WIN.

See you sunday

Looks as though his spelling is as good as his QB'ing!!:lmao:

Route 66

Reaction score
He gets in the locker room by backstroking it up and out the toilet.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
the kid 05;1739729 said:
i would laugh my butt of if romo warmed up in the "romo's a homo" shirt :D

he would gain more fandom :D

Tony Romo, do you support homosexuals?

I support everybody....

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Obviously a teammate bought it on the internet and put it in his locker as a prank or possible extra motivation.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1739679 said:

All's fair in football

OLB Greg Ellis confirmed that longtime Eagles RT Jon Runyan has earned his reputation for doing anything he can to keep pass-rushers from getting to Donovan McNabb. Runyan is tied for the second dirtiest player in the league, according to Sports Illustrated's 2006 player poll.

Ellis made it clear that he respects Runyan, who he called "a true offensive lineman." He doesn't take it personal that Runyan holds on every play and tends to take shots that aren't exactly legal.

Matter of fact, Ellis might just congratulate Runyan after a few plays Sunday night with a nice, hard smack on his broken tailbone.

"If I thought it would help, I would," Ellis said. "Hey, it's football. It goes both ways."
Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:35 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (2)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faerluna;1740019 said:
All's fair in football

OLB Greg Ellis confirmed that longtime Eagles RT Jon Runyan has earned his reputation for doing anything he can to keep pass-rushers from getting to Donovan McNabb. Runyan is tied for the second dirtiest player in the league, according to Sports Illustrated's 2006 player poll.

Ellis made it clear that he respects Runyan, who he called "a true offensive lineman." He doesn't take it personal that Runyan holds on every play and tends to take shots that aren't exactly legal.

Matter of fact, Ellis might just congratulate Runyan after a few plays Sunday night with a nice, hard smack on his broken tailbone.

"If I thought it would help, I would," Ellis said. "Hey, it's football. It goes both ways."
Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:35 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (2)
The money quote...

I'll be looking for him to do that during the game. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1739679 said:
Oops. I meant to skip the bit about Reid's sons and skipped that one too.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I live 10 minutes from Philly. I see those shirts all the time around here. So lame.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
peplaw06;1739693 said:
How does an Iggle's phan get into the Boys locker room?

Well, when seeing that, I just assume one of his own guys put it there as bulletin material and to show him what the attitude is over in Philly.