DMN Blog: Calvin Watkins online chat going on now

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Link: http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/12/dallas-cowboys-chat.html

Click the link to ask questions.

2:14
[Comment From Ty]
Is this "divide" is as big as everyone seems to be saying? And if not has the damaged been done to Romo/Whitten/TO's relationships?

2:15
Calvin Watkins: I don't believe there is a divide. The team had a 30 mintue meeting to address the issues and they seem to be together. Wade Phillips and several players spoke to the team about blocking out everything and focusing on football. The players seem to enjoy the fact they were able to have this meeting and get everything out in the open.

2:19
[Comment From Chad]
What chance do you give marion this sunday?

Calvin Watkins: I'm not too confident in Barber playing on Sunday. He's limping around and can barely run. Barber told me he's fine and that he's slicing and dicing. Whatever that means. Barber will be a game-time decision on Sunday.

[Comment From Matt]
What did TO have to say?

2:22
Calvin Watkins: T.O. said he's fine with Jason Witten and Tony Romo and said everything is fine. Owens said he's upset at ESPN for its report that he's jealous of Jason Witten. Owens said that's not true. He respects Witten and Romo and wants to play for them both.

2:24
[Comment From demigodh]
Who will be head coach of the cowboys next year? I think Garrett has lost that position over the course of the year.

2:26
Calvin Watkins: If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, Wade is the coach. If they lose in the first round or not even make the playoffs, expect a new coach. I'm not sure if Jason Garrett is the man for the job because of how the offense has been this season. I'm not sure if Garrett can command the team. The team needs a strong minded head coach and Garrett hasn't proven he can do that, as yet.

2:27
[Comment From Joe]
Why isn't anyone questioning Romo? From a fan's perspective, it does look like he's not even looking TO's way. Then when you consider that Roy Williams has not been involved in the offense, one has to wonder what is wrong with this offense?

2:28
Calvin Watkins: Romo needs to find Owens a little bit more in the offense. I think it's been address between Romo, Garrett and Owens. Romo does look for Witten a little bit more than the other receivers. Yes, the numbers indicate Owens gets more throws than anybody on the team, but the wide receivers, espeically Owens, who believes some of the balls are not catchable.